Windows 10: One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly

Discus and support One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago my computer suddenly started acting incredibly slow. At first, I thought it was the CPU but after looking in the performance tab in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David_7000, Oct 27, 2020.

1. One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly

About a week ago my computer suddenly started acting incredibly slow. At first, I thought it was the CPU but after looking in the performance tab in task manager I saw it was my integrated graphics. Before I go further these are the specs of my ASUS TUF FX505 GT

8gb of ddr4 ram

9th generation i5 Intel core

Intel UHD graphics 630 integrated graphics this is the one that seems to be causing the issues

Nvidia GTX 1650

The problem is that the screen freezes whenever I try anything even something as simple as switching tabs or scrolling down a page. I have tried countless things to fix this and I will list as many as I can remember:

Disabling the card with device manager which works but barely and I end up getting super low fps in games and I'm also getting some problems with the 1650 too

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers did absolutely nothing for either card

Rolling back the drivers and windows once again did nothing

Factory resetting my pc just a waste of time it didn't even seem to reinstall the drivers

Setting my power setting to max performance

Checking the BIOS

I don't have a clue what is going on but I have three theories:

1. Somehow the actual hardware is broken and that is bad as my pc is a laptop

2. There is another driver that somehow affects it

3. I spent $850 on a potato

In a few days, I'm going to go to Best Buy as maybe they can figure it out. But PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO PLAY CSGO AGAIN WITHOUT 20 FPS!!!

:)

David_7000, Oct 27, 2020

2. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Unistack Service constantly at 100% disk usage

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried check if the issue occurs in safe mode\clean boot?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps suggested to boot into safe mode and check.

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot (from the
    link you have provided) and check.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 27, 2020
  4. BJC1992 Win User

One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly

HDD Constantly Running at 100%

One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly [​IMG]

One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly [​IMG]

I done the HD Tune, picked up no errors. Only thing left to try is the clean boot, I looked it up and it involves turning services off, so I assume this should be done to see if any of these are causing the high disk usage?
    As previously mentioned the computer only runs at 100% disk usage for a short while and doesn't dramatically slow done the computer, although when using HD Tune to do the health check the HDD stayed at 100% for that whole time.

BJC1992, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly

1. One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly - Similar Threads - computer became suddenly

2. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why: About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up, and once I signed in, all of my apps were running slowly and have been ever since. I am also unable to adjust my brightness,...
  3. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  4. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Disk usage became 100 !

Disk usage became 100 !: I have windows 10 in my pc and yesterday after an recent update my disk usage is 100 %. I am not able to use my pc. Tried disabling some services such as window searcher but neither worked for me. Any help ?????????...
  7. Windows 10 Sudden GPU spikes to 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sudden GPU spikes to 100% usage: [ATTACH] My GPU spikes to 100% usage when opening anything Windows 10 Interface related like settings and also when opening explorer.exe to see files and stuff.I thought this was some AMD drivers issue but already tried with tons of AMD Adrenalin drivers ( using DDU...
  8. Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer: My kid has an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with 8GB of RAM and i5 processors. In task manager disk usage is constantly at 100%, with the Microsoft "Runtime Broker" always at the top. The computer is constantly slow due to this issue. One of the things...
  9. My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer: About 2 days ago, I was playing this game called "Counter-Strike:Global Offensive". One round left before the game ended for us, all of a sudden I start to experience very high ping around 900+. I thought it was something small so I quickly exit the game and reconnected but...
  10. 100% Disk Usage Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk Usage Slow Computer: System Spec Computer type:Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number:HP Envy Touchsmart 15 OS:Windows 10 CPU:Intel Core i7 4700mq Memory:16 GB Graphics Card(s):Nvidia Hey all, My computer has been running slow and this is the last try before I assume that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Graphics card slow all of a sudden