Windows 10: One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

Discus and support One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vilysakowski, Jun 13, 2020.

1. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools) that's been moving every time after I reboot my laptop. It jumps over 3 rows to the right and 3 rows up. I've tried every to figure out this problem. Does anyone have a fix for this? Again, this is the only desktop icon that does this, no other desktop icon moves by itself except for this one. I've deleted the desktop icon and copied a brand new one several times and the same thing happens over and over again. I've tried multiple solutions online and nothing seems to fix this problem.

:)

vilysakowski, Jun 13, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 ;)

qubit, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 13, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

1. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Moving

2. My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.: They keep going back to the same random position. Auto-arrange icons is OFF. It is not an antivirus issue. Anyone know why? submitted by /u/itscharlie378 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8qqzq/my_desktop_icons_keep_resetting_after_a_reboot/
  3. Desktop icons move after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  4. Desktop icons moved, old ones reappeared.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons moved, old ones reappeared.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363. 720) At switch-on this afternoon the desktop icons had been moved and other ones which were stored in a desktop folder were displayed too. I am now in the process of placing them where I want them but they are moving without touching them even...
  5. desktop icons moving after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons moving after restart: desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moving-after-restart/0e6ee6a3-a3de-4675-b49d-40aa97ecbcd7
  6. Moving icons to desktop

Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  7. Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot

Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot: Hi, My desktop icons keep rearranging after explorer restarts/reboots. My icons look like this after I arrange them [IMG] However, after I restart explorer/ reboot the computer, my icons look like this [ATTACH] The icons change their position Auto arrange icons is...
  8. Desktop Icons Won't Move

Desktop Icons Won't Move: I can't move my desktop icons. Auto-arrange icons is off Align icons to grid is off When I click on the icon; nothing happens. There is no error message It was working properly earlier today I can open folders; I can open files on the desktop and with folders on...
  9. Desktop after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop after reboot: I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot. In both XP and win-7 they...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...