Windows 10: One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

Discus and support One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vilysakowski, Jun 13, 2020.

1. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools) that's been moving every time after I reboot my laptop. It jumps over 3 rows to the right and 3 rows up. I've tried every to figure out this problem. Does anyone have a fix for this? Again, this is the only desktop icon that does this, no other desktop icon moves by itself except for this one. I've deleted the desktop icon and copied a brand new one several times and the same thing happens over and over again. I've tried multiple solutions online and nothing seems to fix this problem.

:)

vilysakowski, Jun 13, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 ;)

qubit, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 13, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

1. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Moving

2. The Remote Desktop Connection icon will automatically move down one space after each reboot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Remote Desktop Connection icon will automatically move down one space after each reboot...: Hey guys. Encountered a small problem, a little bit can't figure it out. The remote desktop icon moves down each time the computer is restarted until it is at the bottom of the screen. I want to organize the desktop according to my own ideas, but this icon has always affected...
  3. The Remote Desktop Connection icon will automatically move down one space after each reboot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Remote Desktop Connection icon will automatically move down one space after each reboot...: Hey guys. Encountered a small problem, a little bit can't figure it out. The remote desktop icon moves down each time the computer is restarted until it is at the bottom of the screen. I want to organize the desktop according to my own ideas, but this icon has always affected...
  4. The Remote Desktop Connection icon will automatically move down one space after each reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  6. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  7. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

8. Desktop items moving after reboot

Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  9. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  10. Desktop items moving after reboot

Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...