Windows 10: One Drive Access 1st time

Discus and support One Drive Access 1st time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just upgraded OS from Win 7 Premium 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit & after signing in w/password errors out not allowing me access. I have NEVER had access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Map2231, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Map2231 Win User

One Drive Access 1st time

Just upgraded OS from Win 7 Premium 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit & after signing in w/password errors out not allowing me access. I have NEVER had access to this.

:)

Map2231, Jan 15, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 15, 2020
  4. One Drive Access 1st time

How to get an access to contents of CD drive as soon it is detected on Windows 10?

Hi James,

As your concern is to access the CD drive on your laptop, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to set the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next under Choose AutoPlay defaults.
    • For Removable drives: Ask me every time
    • For Memory Cards: Ask me every time.
    Close the window, sign-out from the user account, re-sign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the CD Drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

One Drive Access 1st time

1. One Drive Access 1st time - Similar Threads - Drive Access 1st

2. Need to import from android to one drive a second time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to import from android to one drive a second time: While importing from my Galaxy S9+ to one-drive, the cord became loose and it stopped importing, so i restarted it and it doesn't show the pictures it was importing before the line became loose. How do i find them again, to finish importing them. Thank you...
  3. one drive taking its time to finish syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    one drive taking its time to finish syncing: I´ve only just started to use One Drive and it´s really raking its time to sync all my files (been over 36 hours now) I´ve purchased a new extrenal hard drive that I want to run. Can I back up externally whilst one drive is still syncing or is it best to leave one drive to...
  4. Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing: Hello. I just had win 10 installed and I am trying to establish an admin password as the computer place I had win 10 installed at did not replace my admin password from win 7 to win 10. This was not an upgrade; new SSD & new fresh win 10 install. I go in and try to set my...
  5. access is denied in one drive

access is denied in one drive: What in the gdh are you doing to me you $%#&^%$# I need my damned files. WhAT IN THE &^%$#&^%$# ARE YOU DOING ? FIX IT RIGHT DFAMNED NOW YOU IDIOTSA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied-in-one-drive/68ee85bc-c883-4235-b693-6a548cdd3b47"
  6. Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time: I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) 1. Open a snipping tool 2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set) 3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk) 4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if...
  7. I cannot access One drive on Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot access One drive on Windows10: I cannot access one drive on Windows; changes to this and Dropbox and others; says modifications not allowed. Message so rapid, as usual, unable to read it completely but seems to bar all changes to dossiers (?)...
  8. Can't access one of my Hard drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access one of my Hard drive...: OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (F:) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this operation'' -I then press continue and another message pop up : ''you need permission to perform this action''... I have...
  9. Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network: I am having networking problems since the 1803 update. My network includes 1 desktop and 5 laptops. The desktop is my server and has a drive that is shared with all machines. 4 of the laptops can access the 5Ghz wireless network I have. The last laptop can only access the...
  10. Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC"

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC": Hi I have recently updated to the creator version My files end up in unintended destinations. When I click in the documents tab in the sidebar of the documents screen, it takes me to a “Documents” folder that appears in “One Drive” group. Any files that I send from my...