Windows 10: One Drive Access 1st time

Discus and support One Drive Access 1st time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just upgraded OS from Win 7 Premium 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit & after signing in w/password errors out not allowing me access. I have NEVER had access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Map2231, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Map2231 Win User

One Drive Access 1st time

Just upgraded OS from Win 7 Premium 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit & after signing in w/password errors out not allowing me access. I have NEVER had access to this.

:)

Map2231, Jan 15, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 15, 2020
  4. One Drive Access 1st time

How to get an access to contents of CD drive as soon it is detected on Windows 10?

Hi James,

As your concern is to access the CD drive on your laptop, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to set the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next under Choose AutoPlay defaults.
    • For Removable drives: Ask me every time
    • For Memory Cards: Ask me every time.
    Close the window, sign-out from the user account, re-sign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the CD Drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

One Drive Access 1st time

1. One Drive Access 1st time - Similar Threads - Drive Access 1st

2. One Drive public access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive public access: Why do publicly shared files on One Drive often require a user to sign in to an MS account? Google Drive and similar servers don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-public-access/ac6882e7-53d9-44bc-91c0-adb923ee4c7c
  3. One Drive access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive access: Using fully updated Windows 10 Pro, zipped files that are shared via a public link often require MS log on. Why? Non-zips do not. 174588
  4. Access to my One Drive

Access to my One Drive: Hello, Since 1 day I cannot access to my OneDrive. the URL is not reachable anymore. https://kende-my.sharepoint.com/personal/z6205_office365svip_top/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx The access is impossible from all my devices. I change my password but it did not change...
  5. One Drive - access between computers

One Drive - access between computers: How do I get One Drive folders to show up on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-access-between-computers/e2b985fc-e86b-4ff8-abee-db98c3f90c00
  6. Quick Access on one drive folder

Quick Access on one drive folder: Hi there. I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and noticed that almost all of the "quick access" folders are located inside the one drive. In my old desktop, I had it setup so that I could save something in, for instance, the "documents" folder local, and only if more...
  7. One Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive not accessible: Cannot connect to One-Drive - keep receiving the message 'This username may be incorrect. Make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin.'. I went through credential process to no avail. I can access one drive via my windows login, but not via Survey Monkey...
  8. one drive file access

one drive file access: I cannot access most of the files on One Drive. The files are on the drive because i can access them through a program such as Excel or Word. But when I search for the files on One Drive or on my PC the folders and files do not show up. This started about 3 days ago. I...
  9. one drive access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one drive access: Cannot access one drive says the password is wrong. The authenticator doesn't work for windows 10. Cannot update the password as it keeps going in circles, asking same questions over and over....
  10. access is denied in one drive

access is denied in one drive: What in the gdh are you doing to me you $%#&^%$# I need my damned files. WhAT IN THE &^%$#&^%$# ARE YOU DOING ? FIX IT RIGHT DFAMNED NOW YOU IDIOTSA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied-in-one-drive/68ee85bc-c883-4235-b693-6a548cdd3b47"