Windows 10: One Drive - access between computers

Discus and support One Drive - access between computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get One Drive folders to show up on another computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayneLabes, Oct 28, 2020.

1. One Drive - access between computers

How do I get One Drive folders to show up on another computer?

:)

JayneLabes, Oct 28, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 28, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. DannibusX Win User

One Drive - access between computers

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

One Drive - access between computers

1. One Drive - access between computers - Similar Threads - Drive access between

2. One Drive public access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive public access: Why do publicly shared files on One Drive often require a user to sign in to an MS account? Google Drive and similar servers don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-public-access/ac6882e7-53d9-44bc-91c0-adb923ee4c7c
  3. One Drive access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive access: Using fully updated Windows 10 Pro, zipped files that are shared via a public link often require MS log on. Why? Non-zips do not. 174588
  4. One drive collaboration between two accounts

One drive collaboration between two accounts: Hello, Is there a way to have the same folder on two desktops on two different computers and one drive accounts to be updated in real-time through one drive?...
  5. Access to my One Drive

Access to my One Drive: Hello, Since 1 day I cannot access to my OneDrive. the URL is not reachable anymore. https://kende-my.sharepoint.com/personal/z6205_office365svip_top/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx The access is impossible from all my devices. I change my password but it did not change...
  6. One Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive not accessible: Cannot connect to One-Drive - keep receiving the message 'This username may be incorrect. Make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin.'. I went through credential process to no avail. I can access one drive via my windows login, but not via Survey Monkey...
  7. one drive file access

one drive file access: I cannot access most of the files on One Drive. The files are on the drive because i can access them through a program such as Excel or Word. But when I search for the files on One Drive or on my PC the folders and files do not show up. This started about 3 days ago. I...
  8. one drive access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one drive access: Cannot access one drive says the password is wrong. The authenticator doesn't work for windows 10. Cannot update the password as it keeps going in circles, asking same questions over and over....
  9. The relationship between My Documents and One Drive

The relationship between My Documents and One Drive: Hello, I recently started using one drive on my new laptop because I believe its a great idea to back up all my data with minimal effort my end. Things have been going great for the most part. My only gripe with how it all works is what I will detail here. See the problem...
  10. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS: I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and...