Windows 10: One Drive Accidental Problem

Discus and support One Drive Accidental Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently set up One Drive on my two computers. I did not want One Drive to automatically place sync files on One Drive, but I just put in whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerranceH, Mar 6, 2020.

1. TerranceH Win User

One Drive Accidental Problem

I recently set up One Drive on my two computers. I did not want One Drive to automatically place sync files on One Drive, but I just put in whatever files I was working on currently so they would be accessible to both computers. This was working great until I had a Windows 10 update, and I, unfortunately, clicked on the wrong option, so the computer I was on automatically synced all of the contents of Documents, Desktop, and Pictures. I then turned off the automatic sync, but I cannot figure out how to return my computer to the pre-accident condition. I want to return the above three folders and their content to their previous location. Still, if I try to copy the contents to the normal nonDriveOne "Documents" directory, it tells me that that directory although it appears on the tree is no longer located where it shows up. Therefore I cannot copy into it. Any suggestions as to how I just return my file system to the pre-accident condition -- Thanks

:)

TerranceH, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 6, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. One Drive Accidental Problem - Similar Threads - Drive Accidental Problem

2. One Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Problems: I Have 2 Problems With One Drive On My Windows 10 .First There's 20 Sync Issues That I Need Help With , Second When I Try To Unlock Personal Vault It Ask For Me To Verify My Cell Number But I Never Get A Code .Can You Help Me With These 2 Problems ?...
  3. One Drive problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive problem.: I don't use One Drive and don't want to use it.However it is duplicating my 'Pictures, Documents and Desktop links'The normal folders are still complete and act as they always have.It's always been around but seems to have become very active in the last few days.These files...
  4. One Drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive problem: I have used a pc (not the same one) with Windows, now V10, for about 15 years and I know little more than I need to know. I recently bought my first smartphone - iPhone 11 - and have found it easy to download photos from it to Pictures in Documents on my pc. To my surprise I...
  5. One Drive problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive problem: I am having a problem with One Drive. It is in my computer see atch 1 [ATTACH] I found out that if I installed One Drive on my IPhone and allow the camera to access the photos on it, they would download to the One Drive file on my computer. Waited for them to download....
  6. Problem with one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with one drive: so I was in the middle of a discord call when my computer updated then when it was done I kept getting a Java error so I fully Uninstalled discord but then it kept telling me that my one drive needed to be logged into so it could sync up but the one drive kept being...
  7. problem with one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with one drive: Hello! I have a problem with one drive. I would like to enable automatic screenshots saving option in settings, but every time I put a tic in settings and accept my choice, one drive automaticaly cancel it. [ATTACH] I'm sorry for the language, I dont use an english...
  8. One-Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One-Drive Problems: So, OneDrive is being especially annoying for me tonight. It was syncing at 0.0kb/s first, then to try and fix it I restarted. Now I'm stuck between it "signing in" and "processing changes", currently on the former. This is incredibly annoying, I've tried resetting it once...
  9. one drive problem

in Windows 10 Support
    one drive problem: since updating to 10159 and then 10162 every time I click on photo in menu it starts up for about 5 seconds and then shuts down with no error message 7810
  10. One Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Problem: I am a new one driver user and would like to start using it exclusively when I travel. I understand some of the symbols such as the green check mark and the sign that signifies a file is loading. My problem is some of my files have a RED X. Those files are not on my other...