Windows 10: One Drive and alias account password

Discus and support One Drive and alias account password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting told that I have to sign in or verify my credentials and they always tell me my password is incorrect. I reset it and carefully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Freddyboy3, Jul 9, 2020.

1. One Drive and alias account password

I keep getting told that I have to sign in or verify my credentials and they always tell me my password is incorrect. I reset it and carefully document my new password but then one drive says it is not signed in and when I try to sign in the password is incorrect. I can go to my microsoft account and sign in and the password works just fine. I look at my account information and it has an administrator email address at hotmail.com But I also have an alias account where I use an AOL email address. On my "Your Info" screen it shows my hotmail address and gives me an option to "sign in with local account instead". When I click "Manage my Microsoft account" it shows my aol email address with no devices connected.

When I restart my computer I get the message that my One Drtive is not signed in. So I try to sign in and it tells me the password is incorrect. Yet, if I close that out and just go to my microsoft account and try to sign in, my password works just fine.

What do I need to do to get my One Drive to sync?

:)

Freddyboy3, Jul 9, 2020

2. Change Account Primary Alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

By follow the steps below you can login using the alias and not the Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 9, 2020
  4. One Drive and alias account password

Verification code is not being accepted after adding phone number to alias account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Are you trying to verify the Microsoft account?

• What happens when you are trying to verify the account?

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to add a telephone number as Alias.

I suggest you to refer to the following article to verify the account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-security-password-information

You may also refer to the following article to add an alias.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

One Drive and alias account password

1. One Drive and alias account password - Similar Threads - Drive alias account

2. "Alias Microsoft Account" + "password AppSore"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Alias Microsoft Account" + "password AppSore": Hello everyone, I hope everyone is fine.Like I do not want to use my "email" and "password account" for an app store, here is my question.Can I use an "Alias Microsoft Account" with a "Password Application" I create to use with that Application I bought from the Microsoft...
  3. "Alias Microsoft Account" + "password AppSore"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Alias Microsoft Account" + "password AppSore": Hello everyone, I hope everyone is fine.Like I do not want to use my "email" and "password account" for an app store, here is my question.Can I use an "Alias Microsoft Account" with a "Password Application" I create to use with that Application I bought from the Microsoft...
  4. One Drive Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Alias: Back in November, I set up an alias for an email that's going to be discontinued soon. My OneDrive shows the correct email the alias I set up. When I went to check my Personal Vault, OneDrive asked to send a code to the old email. It wouldn't take the alias. Where else could...
  5. One Drive Alias

One Drive Alias: Back in November, I set up an alias for an email that's going to be discontinued soon. My OneDrive shows the correct email the alias I set up. When I went to check my Personal Vault, OneDrive asked to send a code to the old email. It wouldn't take the alias. Where else could...
  6. Account alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account alias: I currently have 2 Account aliases email addresses on my account. One was created years ago and was used to login to windows. Since then, I created an alias and has been my primary alias for at least the past 5 years.It appears the older one is on the dark web and I...
  7. Account alias

Account alias: I currently have 2 Account aliases email addresses on my account. One was created years ago and was used to login to windows. Since then, I created an alias and has been my primary alias for at least the past 5 years.It appears the older one is on the dark web and I...
  8. Microsoft account alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account alias: I am trying to add my email to another Microsoft account as an alias, so I deleted the account that the email had my email so it would not say "This email address is already taken. Please try another." Do I have to wait the 60 days until my account is permanently closed to...
  9. Mircosoft Account Alias - No blue "Remove" next to the alias

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mircosoft Account Alias - No blue "Remove" next to the alias: I am trying to delete an alias from my MS account. It is neither an email address nor a phone number. It is just a word, and I don't know how it even got on my list of aliases. There[ATTACH] is no blue remove button next to it. Ideas?...
  10. different Password for hotmail and One Drive accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    different Password for hotmail and One Drive accounts: Hello - Is there any way possible to change the password for my Outlook/Hotmail email account, but leave the old password for my OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-password-for-hotmail-and-one-drive/853df5ea-7213-4cc8-ae20-d2c87ccb833e"