Windows 10: One Drive and multiple disks

Discus and support One Drive and multiple disks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Latest version. My main data drive has a folder OneDrive which synchronizes with the cloud OneDrive. I have also set OneDrive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, May 9, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

One Drive and multiple disks

Windows 10 - Latest version.
    My main data drive has a folder OneDrive which synchronizes with the cloud OneDrive. I have also set OneDrive to synchronize with a couple of folders on another drive. The problem is that these files are now duplicated on the OneDrive folder in the data drive.
    eg
    D: drive contains OneDrive root folder with several subfolders - Folder A, Folder B, etc. These synchronize with cloud OneDrive
    E: drive does not contain a OneDrive folder but I have synchronized Folder X with the cloud OneDrive.

Problem is that Folder X that lives on drive E: is now duplicated on the OneDrive folder on drive D.

Can this be prevented?

:)

Sigurd, May 9, 2020

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 9, 2020
  3. Disk Drive isn't being detected

I had my disk drive working and then I did the stupid thing of unpluging it to move some cords around that were in they way and now it wont work. Any suggestions? Ive tried unpluging it and repluging it in multiple times, still get nothing.

Pitchblack1110, May 9, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. One Drive and multiple disks - Similar Threads - Drive multiple disks

2. Replacing only one disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing only one disk drive: Very novice tech person with a very noob question, I have recently purchased a new 2 tb SSD to replace my current 500 gb C drive. My D is a 1 tb and houses most of my program files, while the c houses the system and some other smaller programs and files. My question is can i...
  3. Replacing only one disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing only one disk drive: Very novice tech person with a very noob question, I have recently purchased a new 2 tb SSD to replace my current 500 gb C drive. My D is a 1 tb and houses most of my program files, while the c houses the system and some other smaller programs and files. My question is can i...
  4. One volume shown in multiple hard drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One volume shown in multiple hard drives.: I have one drive which is showing itself in multiple hard drives and one volume is split into different parts. The F: partition is shown in multiple hard drives and all are shown in multiple parts in same drive also.[ATTACH]...
  5. One Drive using computer disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive using computer disk space: When I save a picture from my PC to One Drive, One Drive also makes a copy of the file on my PC under the Users directory. This has used up all the memory on my C Drive, and also limited the space available to me on my One Drive folder. If I delete a file in the one drive...
  6. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk: This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc. I bought a new 8TB...
  7. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk: This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc. I bought a new 8TB...
  8. Mapping a network drive to one user on multiple devices

Mapping a network drive to one user on multiple devices: Is there any way to map a network drive to a specific user in such a way that that drive will be connected no matter what device that user logs on to?...
  9. Multiple Copies of pictures in one drive

Multiple Copies of pictures in one drive: How do I stop One Drive from making multiple copies of EVERY picture in my one drive folder and what is the easiest way to remove thousands of multiple copies that are already there....
  10. Migrating from multiple drives to one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from multiple drives to one drive: I created an older gaming pc with an small SSD C drive, a small SSD game drive and a large harddrive where I installed my programs. Is it possible to migrate all the drives and Win 10 into one new drive?...