Windows 10: One Drive ate my Pictures

Discus and support One Drive ate my Pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to copy 15 years worth of photos from one PC to another PC. I want them on the PC hard drive, which has tons of space. The source PC does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClarenceGuenther, Sep 13, 2020.

1. One Drive ate my Pictures

I want to copy 15 years worth of photos from one PC to another PC. I want them on the PC hard drive, which has tons of space. The source PC does not have OneDrive enabled, the destination PC does. I copied a few gigs to a thumb drive and then the new PC. So far so good. The problem is the new PC auto-synched photos until it filled up. When I turned off OneDrive auto-synch, all the pictures on the destination PC went away. Apparently they are being held hostage by OneDrive. This is insane.

I do not want to buy more OneSpace space when I have plenty of space here.

I am old school. I like knowing where my stuff is - on my hard drive.

I am ok with having multiple copies of a file. It's called redundancy.

I am ok with documents being synched to OneDrive - those are much smaller.

How do I get my pictures back from OneDrive and onto my PC?

:)

ClarenceGuenther, Sep 13, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 13, 2020
  4. One Drive ate my Pictures

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

One Drive ate my Pictures

1. One Drive ate my Pictures - Similar Threads - Drive ate Pictures

2. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  3. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  4. One Drive ate my entire catalog of photos

One Drive ate my entire catalog of photos: I recently switched to a new computer new and old running Win 10 and 20 years of photos were stored on an external drive. that external drive and all of the photo files and folders were indexed in Adobe Lightroom Classic on the old machine. When I initiated the new computer,...
  5. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: I cannot preview AFTER i posted pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/a73d41e4-5487-453e-abb4-7e3da629fb31
  6. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: after I inserted my pictures into one drive. the images show up. After few 19 minutes from upload. the image didn't show How is it possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/e63569fa-6d1c-4b34-ac5e-5ee59699cc05
  7. One Drive Pictures

One Drive Pictures: When loading pictures from iphone they only appear in OneDrive as low res? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/6b9298ee-9de6-452f-958d-8a5f07657837"
  8. My pictures are gone from one drive

My pictures are gone from one drive: I used to have sll my pictures in one drive. They disappeared snd now i cant see one drive where it was . Itx gone too. Sll this happened bc i switched to firefox and that i believe is shst micro foesnt want us to do!! Edge was burning up my fan and i have no viruses. I...
  9. One drive pictures download

One drive pictures download: When MS promised unlimited storage on one drive I backed up all my picture. MS downgraded and I want to download all my pictures now. However, either I get a message saying it is over 100GB. Or when I want to safe folders to my external hard drive all the zip folders won't...
  10. OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive: I enabled OneDrive on my computers. My main computer seemed to get slower and slower. I clicked on "This PC" and my internal drive was red - showing about 20 GB space where there had been close to 200 GB a short time before. My external drives - one a 1 TB WD was...