Windows 10: One Drive Back Up moved my files

Discus and support One Drive Back Up moved my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesWalther1, Jul 27, 2020.

1. One Drive Back Up moved my files

A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action?

:)

JamesWalther1, Jul 27, 2020

2. File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, Jul 27, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAID, Backing Up, Questions etc

Ok, Ive done a search for RAID related articles on the forums and Ive read through them.
    I'd like to RAID my hard drives very soon.

This is what I have:
    1x Seagate 7200.10 Perpendicular - 320Gb
    1x Seagate 7200.10 Perpendicular - 250Gb

Id like to set them up in a RAID 0 configuration.
    Ive backed up my Music, downloads, main applications and photos.
    Basically Im ready to go though the steps to RAID my drives and reinstall windows.

Now...I have some concerns

1) Do I format the drives? Or will formatting occur during the setting up of the RAID?

2) How to actually configure the RAID. So if I was to do this now, what are the steps I would have to follow to setup the RAID correctly? I know them vaguely, like having the RAID drivers ready on a CD/Floppy and booting and hitting F6. What else is there?

3) Striping size. Ive heard that a higher stripe size is good for moving/using large files. Ill definately be doing this (Photoshop) so can anyone suggest a stripe size?

4) Can anyone suggest any other concerns?

ex_reven, Jul 27, 2020
  4. One Drive Back Up moved my files

Backing up a ps3?

Go to 'My Computer'
    http://img.techpowerup.org/110127/Capture035.jpg

Right click the drive
    http://img.techpowerup.org/110127/Capture036.jpg

No drive A will not be already in fat32.
    Unsure what you mean? Read 5. Allow PS3 to format drive B. While this is taking place see Step 6.

Also see above, I revised a step.

That is correct.

@mods

No don't adjust your eyes, he did not double post. I was doing major editing and deleting of my own posts. *Smile One Drive Back Up moved my files :)

JrRacinFan, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

One Drive Back Up moved my files

1. One Drive Back Up moved my files - Similar Threads - Drive moved files

2. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  3. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  4. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  5. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  6. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to move files from One Drive back to PC: l do not want to use One Drive. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC. I want to use the Free Office App, but store documents on PC only OR at least have a choice of what I want to store on One Drive....
  8. One drive back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive back up: My one drive is not taking back up. It is giving me an option to sign in using my Microsoft credentials but it is not going any further when I click on that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up/2ecb43ee-af1d-4151-bc74-e821170eb4a1
  9. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  10. Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive: I don't mind the service. But, I don't want ALL my files on my laptop to be in the Cloud. How do I de-select certain folders and files so they are NOT saved in the Cloud?...