Windows 10: One Drive Backup

Discus and support One Drive Backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidHathaway2, Sep 7, 2019.

1. One Drive Backup

Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome.

:)

DavidHathaway2, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 7, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Sep 7, 2019
  4. One Drive Backup

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Backup

1. One Drive Backup - Similar Threads - Drive Backup

2. Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive: Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-an-hp-pavilion-pc-to-a-wd-elements/436f7053-b2d5-4538-bd21-c8dbbf465fbe
  3. Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive: Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-up-an-hp-pavilion-pc-to-a-wd-elements/436f7053-b2d5-4538-bd21-c8dbbf465fbe
  4. Can I create Windows backups in a dynamic drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I create Windows backups in a dynamic drive?: So the thing is that I have a C drive which is a system boot drive and is an SSD. The HDD I have is used for everything else. Also, I regularly create backups in the D drive in the HDD. Now I thought that I should separate out space for backups and move the empty space along...
  5. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  6. I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to...: Backup flash drives are for the devices that backed up from, I am wondering will it recognize the flash drive after changing its rootlocal drive C: drive. I need the backup so help is needed.And I am going to change RAM too will this be any problem too??...
  7. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  8. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  9. One drive Sync and Backup Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive Sync and Backup Problem: I am helping an elderly neighbor set up her new HP laptop. She had turned on OneDrive, but ran out of space. I helped her purchase more space 100GB, and syncing commenced again. But it did not complete: Only 14 of 16 GB of pictures got synced, and when we turned on picture...
  10. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?: I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software. 181683