Windows 10: One Drive Backup

Discus and support One Drive Backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidHathaway2, Sep 7, 2019.

1. One Drive Backup

Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome.

:)

DavidHathaway2, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 7, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Sep 7, 2019
  4. One Drive Backup

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Backup

1. One Drive Backup - Similar Threads - Drive Backup

2. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  3. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  4. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  6. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  7. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  8. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  9. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. 3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...: all files are supposed to be copied on ext hard drive, nothing......back-up location C:\backup.wsi -nothing there......teckie daughter did a backup 8.1 flash drive, unable to extract......Crashmaster said all gone except 'original 8. from disc but no files...... just trying...