Windows 10: One Drive cluster

Discus and support One Drive cluster in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe I accidentally was moving alot of my files that were is=n several places into the same 1 place when they inadvertently got put in the One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeyAmick1, Apr 29, 2021.

1. One Drive cluster

I believe I accidentally was moving alot of my files that were is=n several places into the same 1 place when they inadvertently got put in the One Drive that is 5 gb. Once it filled it harshed everything else. Any help?Has anyone had this happen and is there any easy fix i hope

:)

JoeyAmick1, Apr 29, 2021

2. Perform Upgrade of Windows Cluster & SQL Cluster from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

I am looking to perform Upgrade of Windows cluster on which SQL cluster is running 2008 R2 and i have to upgrade the OS to 2012 R2.

Please can some one suggest or share some step by step guide which i can refer.

Thanks in Advance!!

Kumar

NiteshKumar10, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Windows Clustering with Bitlocker

Hi,

We are having a problem with Windows cluster with encrypted shared storage as follows:

At the beginning, all shared storage drives mounted in the Windows cluster and the failover between 2 cluster nodes were always successful. Later on, bitlocker encryption was added to the shared storage by the following methods.

1) install BitLocker feature in Windows Server on each cluster server

2) set "AES 256" in "Choose drive encryption method and cipher strength" in group policy ("Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Drive Encryption") on each cluster server

3) turn on maintenance mode on the clustered disk to be encrypted in failover cluster manager

4) disable shadow copies on the clustered disk if it is enabled

5) run powershell

6) type "manage-bde -on <drive:> -recoverypassword

7) type "manage-bde <drive:> -protectors -add -sid <clusternode$>

8) turn on shadow copies of the clustered disk if necessary

9) turn off maintenance mode of the clustered disk in failover cluster manager

The above method worked perfectly fine until today. The cluster failover(for maintenance reason) was unsuccessful and all shared disk failed in the cluster node. We had to unlock the shared drive by encryption key, removed them from the cluster and decrypt
    the drives before adding back to the cluster. We also could not perform the same method mentioned above for encryption in the cluster anymore. The clustered disk would go to fail state once we performed the same method above.

My question is:

How could we encrypt the shared storage in the cluster node again and prevent it from happening again?

WinWin Pro, Apr 29, 2021
  4. One Drive cluster

Perform Upgrade of Windows Cluster & SQL Cluster from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

I need to upgrade my Windows server 2008 R2 which is running on a windows cluster on top of it sql sql cluster,

Please can u suggest.

NiteshKumar10, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

One Drive cluster

1. One Drive cluster - Similar Threads - Drive cluster

2. C drive not showing up in disk optimization [Windows 10 Home]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive not showing up in disk optimization [Windows 10 Home]: I recently shutdown windows while defragmentation on C drive was going on. Now when I turned my windows 10 home back on and open disk optimization C: drive was not shown there. So, I cannot optimize C: drive and I don't want to use 3rd party software for Defragmentation. I...
  3. C drive not showing up in disk optimization [Windows 10 Home]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive not showing up in disk optimization [Windows 10 Home]: I recently shutdown windows while defragmentation on C drive was going on. Now when I turned my windows 10 home back on and open disk optimization C: drive was not shown there. So, I cannot optimize C: drive and I don't want to use 3rd party software for Defragmentation. I...
  4. C drive not showing up in disk optimization [Windows 10 Home]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...: I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-fairly-used-microsoft-drive-label-laptop/188a7d58-46c3-4fba-b072-4f7bcd39f5d6
  6. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...: I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-fairly-used-microsoft-drive-label-laptop/188a7d58-46c3-4fba-b072-4f7bcd39f5d6
  7. How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?: I couldn't find a way to learn what's the cluster size (allocation unit size) for an exFAT partition (or any other format). I tried with HWinfo, Windows msinfo32, Hard drive sentinel, DriveDX. None of them say it! Any help much welcome. - - - Updated - - - Just right click...
  8. How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?: I couldn't find a way to learn what's the cluster size (allocation unit size) for an exFAT partition (or any other format). I tried with HWinfo, Windows msinfo32, Hard drive sentinel, DriveDX. None of them say it! Any help much welcome. - - - Updated - - - Just right click...
  9. Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without...: Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without redoing bitlocker? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkahnx/is_it_be_possible_to_format_a_bitlocker_enabled/
  10. Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size: I went to SSDs on all of my computers some time back, but I still use WD RE4s and 2.5 inch WD Black HDDs for a variety of backup tasks and for storage in which the data will not be accessed for a period longer than is ideal to use a non-powered SSD for. On my Macs I am using...