Windows 10: One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

Discus and support One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was moving my data from local drive to One-Drive for Business using cut paste, it was taking time so i decided to cancel the same and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmitLondhe1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

Hello,

I was moving my data from local drive to One-Drive for Business using cut paste, it was taking time so i decided to cancel the same and intended to try it again later. Unfortunately, the folders and files from source location gone missing.

Could you please help me identify where i will be able to locate that data? As i see local storage consumption remains as it is.

:)

AmitLondhe1, Sep 19, 2019
  2. hogesinwa Win User

Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Hi. I am engaged in a lengthy exercise to shift a heap of files from RAR-type folders to normal folders.

I am cutting-and-pasting. However, Windows is NOT cutting, it is copying and pasting and I then have to go back to delete the file.

Why O why O why will this. !%^$% system not do as it is told. Have we slowly morphed into an Apple lookalike where nerds "know" what is best for us?

When I "cut", I want it cut!

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Suggestions appreciated.

Hoges

hogesinwa, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Cut and Paste Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you trying to cut and paste a folder from an external device?
    • Do you have any other User accounts on the computer? Did you check the files in other User accounts if any?
    • Was there any interruption during the cut and paste process?
    • If the cut and paste process was interrupted, did you receive any error code or error message?

I suggest you to check the missing files in the Recycle Bin and try recovering the files. You can also try manually searching the files by entering the file name in the search bar.

Please refer this article and run the diagnostic tool to troubleshoot on the issue.

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 19, 2019
  4. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Ok, so if you're absolutely sure that you are cutting the extracted folder and not the folder inside the ZIP, then check whether after cutting the folder it disappears if you refresh with F5. That'll indicate that the folder is indeed being cut
    but Explorer's simply not refreshing the view.

If that's not the issue either, then can you right-click the folder and paste a screenshot of its Security tab with your username selected?

RobertJWin, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

1. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting - Similar Threads - drive Cut Paste

2. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  3. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared: Hello... i need help..So i try moving all files from phone to my laptop and i was cut and paste on local disk D. When the process was showed if it was "moving". But idk why it suddenly stop process and like finish. So i check, all folders was paste. But all files in folders...
  4. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared: Hello... i need help..So i try moving all files from phone to my laptop and i was cut and paste on local disk D. When the process was showed if it was "moving". But idk why it suddenly stop process and like finish. So i check, all folders was paste. But all files in folders...
  5. Cut & paste: - files have disappeared after cutting, just folders to appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. cut and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut and paste: i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371
  7. cut and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cut and paste: hello i am a user of windows 10 but from the last 2 months the cut copy and paste option is not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/e427f24d-0525-4807-9603-50dddf0f00d3
  8. Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.: I was running out of space on my C drive. Would it be harmful for me to cut and paste a high memory folder from program files 86 cause any harmmainly games? I tried to allocate space to the C drive from a SSD but it wouldn't let me....
  9. Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.: Recently in my media folder "/I/Sort"I cannot move, copy or cut. It looks like I can cut but there is no paste option when I want to paste in another folder under /I/Sort. I can however Copy and then paste into "/I" but not /I/Sort/*". The permissions look identical on my...
  10. Making folders. cut & paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making folders. cut & paste: I have an HP Pavilion and I need to know how to make folders, cut and paste. I'm not very familiar with the function keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/making-folders-cut-paste/3abc1d07-bb33-4634-9680-7298dcfb007e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. THREADS CUTTING PASTE MSDS

2. can you copy and paste something typed in one drive

3. windows 10 bsod during cut paste to onedrive data gone

4. missing folder after cut and paste to onedrive ,
  5. cut and paste folder to one drive missing,
  6. ONE DRIVE CUT A FOLDER,
  7. onedrive cut and paste file location,
  8. cut and pasted files to onedrive but not there,
  9. onedrive can you cut and paste,
  10. hoe to create cut copy paste files and folders from one drive to other drive