Windows 10: One Drive: delete files, stop syncing

Discus and support One Drive: delete files, stop syncing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The other day I had to reinstall Windows and Office. Now I have to tame One Drive. I got a mail that "Your OneDrive is almost full". I did not instruct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichelB62, Nov 21, 2020.

1. MichelB62 Win User

One Drive: delete files, stop syncing

The other day I had to reinstall Windows and Office. Now I have to tame One Drive. I got a mail that "Your OneDrive is almost full". I did not instruct it to backup my files. I have external hard drives for that situation.

What do I need to do to delete the files in the OneDrive? What do I need to do to stop OneDrive from syncing my files?

:)

MichelB62, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 21, 2020
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Nov 21, 2020
  4. One Drive: delete files, stop syncing

How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

One Drive: delete files, stop syncing

1. One Drive: delete files, stop syncing - Similar Threads - Drive delete files

2. One-Drive Deleted un-synced personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One-Drive Deleted un-synced personal files: I recently moved computers. My old computer computer 1 I had a one drive and a personal drive that were separate. I had just a few things synced on the one drive and a lot of files on my personal drive. When I got a new computer computer 2 the one drive had few files. I went...
  3. One-Drive Deleted un-synced personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One-Drive Deleted un-synced personal files: I recently moved computers. My old computer computer 1 I had a one drive and a personal drive that were separate. I had just a few things synced on the one drive and a lot of files on my personal drive. When I got a new computer computer 2 the one drive had few files. I went...
  4. One-Drive Deleted un-synced personal files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  6. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  7. One Drive Synced and Deleted Hundreds of GBs of Files and Folders

One Drive Synced and Deleted Hundreds of GBs of Files and Folders: I recently got a new computer and I freshly installed windows 10 on a new hard drive., and since it required a login I proceeded with it. I plugged in one of my hard drives with my old install of windows on it just so I could get all of my files back which were in the...
  8. SYNCING FILES WITH ONE DRIVE

SYNCING FILES WITH ONE DRIVE: Do I have to sync my files with OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-files-with-one-drive/61baacef-f9cf-4ea5-b2b3-28ad451c9871"
  9. sync files with one drive

sync files with one drive: hello .i am starting to use one drive.But i don't know if and how i can sync files from my pc to online like back up and sync app from google.With this app i add specific folders to ot sync , so when i download a file to my...
  10. One Drive sync stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive sync stopped: One drive stopped and when I try to restart it it comes up with this message. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync-stopped/278185fa-0661-47d0-ad0a-919715c473cc