Windows 10: One Drive - deletion of files

Discus and support One Drive - deletion of files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just uploaded a lot of files to One Drive. I got the message that One Drive was full. As one of these files was quite large and I didn't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greytezza, May 14, 2020.

1. greytezza Win User

One Drive - deletion of files

I have just uploaded a lot of files to One Drive. I got the message that One Drive was full. As one of these files was quite large and I didn't really need it, I tried to delete it in File Manager. I'm getting a lot of red and white crosses and the error message 0x80070091: The directory is not empty. screenshot attached. How do I delete it?
    One Drive - deletion of files [​IMG]

:)

greytezza, May 14, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 14, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. One Drive - deletion of files - Similar Threads - Drive deletion files

2. The upper one says delete only my files the other one delete file and clear hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The upper one says delete only my files the other one delete file and clear hard drive....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_PureZocker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8fwzi/the_upper_one_says_delete_only_my_files_the_other/
  3. ONE DRIVE DELETING MY FILES AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONE DRIVE DELETING MY FILES AUTOMATICALLY: 1. OneDrive keeps deleting my files overnight. i cant work like this! sometimes i find an entire folder in the recycle bin, i restore the folder but the files dont come with the restore - now they are gone, forever? 2. I have OneDrive for business, and by default we get...
  4. Files in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in one drive: I can see all of my onedrive files on my PC. However, when I log into the site on my PC I cannot see the files. I can see them when I log into ONEDIVE on my MAC. How can I fix this...
  5. One Drive keeps installing a file I deleted

One Drive keeps installing a file I deleted: So I deleted a file on my PC, One Drive Online and in the One Drive App. I have turned off the sync feature for the file and location in one drive as well. I even deleted it from the recycling bin in One drive Online. One drive syncs and installes the file I deleted. One...
  6. One Drive will Be Deleted?

One Drive will Be Deleted?: I have gotten an email a couple of times saying I am 11.2GB over my One Drive limit but when I look at my hard drive and I run the Properties, I find I have only 3.9GB on my 1 Drive. How can I be 11+GB over my limit or is this a scam? Thanks, LT...
  7. Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files: My issue is with one drive. I noticed the other day I deleted some old files on my one drive on my Android phone. When I fired up my PC. I noticed that my recycle bin showed items in it. I opened it up and it was filling it up with one drive files. I emptied it about 4 times...
  8. One Drive Deleting Files Not RestoringHo

One Drive Deleting Files Not RestoringHo: Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null....
  9. One Drive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Drive files: Computers on my network can access my one drive files. I am the ED everyone does not need all of my documents. We want to share printers and QB, but not all of my document files...
  10. One Drive Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Deletion: Can someone confirm or otherwise whether this email I received stating my one drive account will be deleted on 31.10.2018 is a scam or not. I continually use one drive so I found this rather strange Iit is not a scam how would I be able to reactivate it Thanks for the help...