Windows 10: One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

Discus and support One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I currently use a desktop PC, and a laptop both connected to OneDrive, with Microsoft office also. I want OneDrive to keep saving to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dominicgleza, Nov 16, 2020.

1. One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

Hi,

I currently use a desktop PC, and a laptop both connected to OneDrive, with Microsoft office also.

I want OneDrive to keep saving to the cloud, but i don't want the PC and Laptop syncing the sale files , EG: documents on the home screen etc.

Can anyone advise me on how do do this, would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dominicgleza, Nov 16, 2020
  2. suraswami Win User

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

So what I suggested is better then - Desktop.

Now for the drives, gaming or any fast drive access machine I generally put in a fast 160 or 320 GB drive for OS and add couple of 500 GB drives in Raid 0 for speed. With the cheap drive prices I will suggest that route. Also will suggest him a SSD.

Sound card - suggest me a good one.

suraswami, Nov 16, 2020
  3. sarahk Win User
    Win 10 laptop can't see a folder on desktop

Hi

My network is really simple. A win10 laptop and a win10 desktop. The desktop has a couple of hard drives and the laptop needs to see one of them.

At various times it's all been good but then something mysterious happens and we're back to square one.

So
    • I've set up a homegroup and both computers belong to it
    • I've set up sharing so that the homegroup can read/write
    • I've added my husbands email address as a user on the desktop and accepted the invitation so that it doesn't show as pending

Yet, when I go to the laptop
    • I can see the homegroup and the two computers that are in it
    • I can see the network and the same two computers
    • If I click on the drives I get a no-permission error

I've obviously missed a step somewhere and I've gone over tutorials and guides but can't work out what it is. Any ideas?

sarahk, Nov 16, 2020
  4. flmatter Win User

One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

Laptop Refresh rate

https://www.g-sync.com/ scroll about half way down the page and they list some of the g sync laptops.

Acer Predator, Asus ROG, Msi all have g sync options as well Amazon search g sync laptops to see the list

flmatter, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

1. One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing - Similar Threads - Drive Desktop Laptop

2. One drive not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive not syncing: My one drive app at the bottom right of my screen has a blue cloud with a line through it & I'm having syncing issues. I can't figure out how to fix it. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-syncing/b8466b54-e28b-4333-9bf8-a565d1ccac08
  3. No One Drive sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No One Drive sync: Equipment:Microsoft 950 Windows Phone.Microsoft Surface Pro 8 running Windows 11 Professional.HP All-in-one Desktop running Windows 11 Professional. Background:I used One Drive to sync files between the Microsoft phone and the HP computer. I didn’t realize the Surface Pro was...
  4. One drive will not sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive will not sync: Hi Onedrive Experts.I have Microsoft 365 - family edition - running under Windows 11. Onedrive will not sync. I have tried all the solutions - that I can find - and none of them work.The only thing I can think off is that I log onto my computer as a local account, and...
  5. One drive not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive not syncing: Hi,i'm using a computer that has been shut down for a while 1 month.I notice the icon is qorking properly, but files are not updated: I just tried to restart both the app and the PC....
  6. One Drive Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Sync: My One Drive was set to Files On-Demand ticked. I soon discovered when off the network that the files were not available... So I unticked Files On Demand. Then all the files in the one driver folder had a X on them. They could not be opened. I'm now waiting hours for 5Gb...
  7. One Drive Sync Issues with Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive Sync Issues with Desktop Shortcuts: I am encountering an issue with One Drive syncing shortcuts placed in a folder on the desktop. This is occurring on a fresh install of Windows with all current updates applied. One drive indicates sync issues with the following message: "No access permissions to the item....
  8. one drive sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one drive sync: I have repeatedly signed in to my M/S account to get One drive to sync my files without success. My sign in is successful but it does not accomplish syncing one drive. pls advise. Jim...
  9. One Drive Sync

One Drive Sync: I have copied my files form my hard drive to One drive and it says that they are synced , but in actual fact when I check them they are not synced at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync/295d9ff5-4af4-4581-a200-2cf0b184575c
  10. One Drive Not Syncing

One Drive Not Syncing: One drive will no longer s sign in or sync instead it goes into a "Paused" state and I have to manually try to update and sync. one drive. What can I do fix one drive so that it will go back to automatically signing in?...