Windows 10: One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

Discus and support One Drive destroyed my desktop and files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I must have accidentally somehow selected to backup my entire computer to one drive and didn't even notice. Well I noticed when I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/17gatesh, Dec 4, 2019.

1. One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

One Drive destroyed my desktop and files -RwyKigP4ASljkJjLrtjCugPoNongb8CK4ZRoK1VHWw.jpg

I must have accidentally somehow selected to backup my entire computer to one drive and didn't even notice. Well I noticed when I was playing Rocket league and it was running very hot. I went and deselected the backup (after it was complete). I have no idea how this happened all of the sudden but almost all of the files on my desktop, Documents folder and pictures folder have been moved into a shortcut to one drive called "Where are my files". I am unsure of where my files are located as when I click the shortcut it takes me to onedrive on my file explorer and all of the folders and files that used to be on my desktop are there. It appears that It just cut the desktop, Documents folder and the Pictures folder off of "this pc" and into one drive.

All I want to do is restore my Desktop, Documents and Pictures

This is a screen-cap of the shortcut that all my files have been pushed to:

https://preview.redd.it/tnvdyix17q2...bp&s=2f7cca7b17da5438e01a034fad477963f59c2466

submitted by /u/17gatesh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/17gatesh, Dec 4, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 4, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

1. One Drive destroyed my desktop and files - Similar Threads - Drive destroyed desktop

2. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  3. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I have 2 USB Hard drives that were bit locked for security reasons. But after a reinstall of windows 10 They became unwrite able. So I removed bit locker from one of the drive and now it is unreadable. Completely raw drive. All file are lost.How can I recover the lost files...
  4. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I have 2 USB Hard drives that were bit locked for security reasons. But after a reinstall of windows 10 They became unwrite able. So I removed bit locker from one of the drive and now it is unreadable. Completely raw drive. All file are lost.How can I recover the lost files...
  5. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop: I was reading a story on Chrome, then minimized it, and when I did, image my surprise when almost every app besides Steam, Origin, GeForce Experience, & Recycle Bin, with my VERY IMPORTANT text files gone, and my folders deleted. Heck, even my Screenshots folder was somehow...
  7. Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files?

Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files?: Hi, so, I just updated my microsoft laptop, and I don't like it. I didn't like the one drive function where it not only syncs your documents but also your desktop files. It's annoying and it's using most of my internet connection whenI don't need it to. Let my one drive files...
  8. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I decided to encrypt my external hard drive, started it, but then it got stuck at 84.3% for three days now. I tried several times to pause and even turn off the encryption, but when I do, the Bitlocker Manager hangs. My Hard Disk was still accessible so I browsed through it...
  9. Windows Desktop Destroyer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Destroyer: Can anyone explain why Windows desktop manager eats 100% of my GPU?? I recently got a new Computer and my Graphics card is a RTX2060 Super 8GB However i notice my system begins freezing or sometimes begins to stutter or both And my screen turns black but windows is still...
  10. one drive on desktop

one drive on desktop: I've always had a OneDrive folder on my desktop that synced with my OneDrive cloud account. Just got a new Lenovo laptop w/Windows 10 and I cannot make this happen. Trying to download from OneDrive is time-consuming and inefficient. Don't know if it's the computer,...