Windows 10: One Drive difficulties

Discus and support One Drive difficulties in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, so I have had this problem before but I didn't pay it much attention and it pretty much stopped working. However, I recently was messing with one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BuddhaJon, Sep 27, 2020.

1. One Drive difficulties

Okay, so I have had this problem before but I didn't pay it much attention and it pretty much stopped working. However, I recently was messing with one drive and set something up relating to that and now this craziness has started happening again. Essentially what was and is happening is that I have a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop. Whatever I do to the desktop of either happens to the desktop of the other and vice versa. Like WTF! I don't want that. I believe it is also making cloud files appear in the folders of the computer that those files are not located on. I don't want any of that madness. I just want to have access to a one drive cloud backup where I can remotely store files that I want to share - files of my choosing only. Please help!

submitted by /u/BuddhaJon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BuddhaJon, Sep 27, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 27, 2020
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

One Drive difficulties

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

One Drive difficulties [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

One Drive difficulties

1. One Drive difficulties - Similar Threads - Drive difficulties

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives: I might have malware/other hdd issues that rendered multiple files corrupted. the problem is i cant scan the drives at all cause the scan is super slow. full scan/custom scan takes up to 12+ hours and trying to access these drives are incredibly taxing for my pc which...
  5. Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives: I might have malware/other hdd issues that rendered multiple files corrupted. the problem is i cant scan the drives at all cause the scan is super slow. full scan/custom scan takes up to 12+ hours and trying to access these drives are incredibly taxing for my pc which...
  6. Difficulty Accessing files in C-Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty Accessing files in C-Drive: I am in experiencing delays accessing the files on my C-drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-accessing-files-in-c-drive/2a8f5457-53a2-43ee-a130-19c1efddb719
  7. Difficulty with new hard drive - stuck at "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty with new hard drive - stuck at "Reboot and Select proper Boot device": Hello everyone, I was gifted my first PC earlier this week, and was told there may be an issue with the hard drive. I've since purchased a new SSD, but I am having difficulty booting up. Every time I try I met with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" I've replaced the SATA...
  8. difficulty retrieving images from external hard drive after windows 10 pro update

in Windows 10 Customization
    difficulty retrieving images from external hard drive after windows 10 pro update: Hello!,,, i have 2 external hard drives where send images. After indexing the drives, i was able to retrieve photos by name,date, or subject.However after the most recent upgrading of windows 10 pro, im unable to retrieve photos. I have re indexed...
  9. "Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty: Attempted to use the "free up space" option in my storage and its stuck saying "Purging: Compress your OS drive" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-hard-drive-option-difficulty/d7a902d2-7089-4e17-a2fa-e8b970c1db9e"
  10. I am having great difficulty installing an External USB 3.0, 5 Terabyte Hard Disk Drive?!...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having great difficulty installing an External USB 3.0, 5 Terabyte Hard Disk Drive?!...: I am having great difficulty installing External USB 3.0, 5 TB HDD?! Continually receive this error report: "Event 100 Client Licensing?! ****? Can anyone shed any light on this for me...Please?!...