Windows 10: One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files.

Discus and support One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One day my one drive decided to sync everything on my desktop and now I cannot view any of the thumbnails on my photos. I need to quickly sort through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianTo2, May 27, 2019.

1. BrianTo2 Win User

One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files.

One day my one drive decided to sync everything on my desktop and now I cannot view any of the thumbnails on my photos. I need to quickly sort through my photos to edit but, They are all replaced with a red x.

1) I have tried playing around with the view folder options ( unchecking always show icons never thumbnails)

as well as

2) Freeing up space and clicking my desktop folder to be kept on this device.

I really, really cannot stand what one drive is doing to my files, it has left an annoying red x on all of my files.

Is there anyway to get rid of this?

One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files. 430490ba-7e7f-4f5e-bbf9-e68dd28d155f?upload=true.jpg

:)

BrianTo2, May 27, 2019

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, May 27, 2019
  3. 3dsmax files thumbnails preview gone.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issue with the thumbnail view. I will try to help you with this issue.

This issue might occur due to changes made to the system file settings.

Let us follow these steps and check if this helps:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Double click on “Folder Options”.

• Click the “View tab”.

• Uncheck the following option, if it’s checked.

• "Always show icons, never thumbnails".

• Click on Apply and OK.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 27, 2019
  4. One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files.

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 27, 2019
Thema:

One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files.

1. One drive disables the view of photo thumbnails and leaves red X status on all files. - Similar Threads - drive disables view

2. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  3. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  5. Red x's next to files due to one drive being full, emptied one drive after reading it will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red x's next to files due to one drive being full, emptied one drive after reading it will...: Does anyone know how to turn this off one drive crap off? I about blew a fuse when upgrading to home allowed Hyper-V at the cost of not being able to run GNS3 / VMware / Any other Hypervisor, its like I paid $100 to wreck my PC at this point. /venting Anyone know how to...
  6. Files and folders with red x ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders with red x ?: Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-with-red-x/6f31a649-110d-4da5-9607-71bc655c7b26
  7. red x's in file manager because of one drive

red x's in file manager because of one drive: how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-xs-in-file-manager-because-of-one-drive/7678c3c6-42b1-4e66-852f-f27625512696"
  8. How to disable thumbnails for all files

How to disable thumbnails for all files: I'd like to know how to disable thumbnails for all files, especially Windows .EXE executables - rather, I'd like to only see the icon for the file type. If this could be the case for folders too that'd be great. I want this so that I can see what file is what at a glance -...
  9. photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive

photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive: photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive BUT the same photos on my windows 10 pc do have thumbnails in windows explorer (outside of the one drive folders). How do I get thumbnails back on onedrive ?...
  10. view thumbnails of photos

view thumbnails of photos: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is one drive keeping my pictures thumbnails from showing?

2. windows thumbnails red x