Windows 10: One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface...

Discus and support One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface Book . Can't find it in the Recycle bin either. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyMitchellWorkman, Sep 4, 2019.

1. One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface...

My One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface Book . Can't find it in the Recycle bin either. It was always present and synced before trying to put this folder onto my new machine.

This is all my work documents. Help please

:)

TonyMitchellWorkman, Sep 4, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    MP4 Video File Disappeared

Hi Kristen,

The drag and drop feature on your computer allows you to locate a file from one folder to another. That's why when you moved it to Google docs, the MP4 file was gone from your hard drive. If you're unable to find the file, we suggest that you contact the
    Google Customer Support so that they can give you steps on how to find the file after moving it to Google docs.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Paola Gar, Sep 4, 2019
  4. One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface...

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface...

1. One Drive Docs folder has disappeared when I tried to click and drag files to new Surface... - Similar Threads - Drive Docs folder

2. Can I click and drag users folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I click and drag users folder?: I've just built a new PC and am migrating from my old drive to a new drive. However, during the process I made an error and corrupted my old drive so it is no longer bootable. However, when running Windows on my new drive, the old drive appears normally as Local Disk D:.Since...
  3. Can I click and drag users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I click and drag users folder?: I've just built a new PC and am migrating from my old drive to a new drive. However, during the process I made an error and corrupted my old drive so it is no longer bootable. However, when running Windows on my new drive, the old drive appears normally as Local Disk D:.Since...
  4. Can I click and drag users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  6. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  7. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Broken, Apps Disappear When Trying To Drag.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Broken, Apps Disappear When Trying To Drag.: This is a recent problem that didn't come from a Windows Update as far as I can tell so here's what I happens: I open an app, I click on the top bar of it to try and move it around because I have an ultrawide so I have lots of real estate; this causes the app to just...
  9. the word doc is grayed out when trying to oepn a new doc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the word doc is grayed out when trying to oepn a new doc: im trying to opena new blank word doc but the option is grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-word-doc-is-grayed-out-when-trying-to-oepn-a/bb0d4da9-9be7-4ce5-bb69-349a2ccd489b
  10. Right click to open a new word doc file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click to open a new word doc file: It is very usual to get a new text document and Microsoft word document by simply doing a right click. But mine has changed from that to [rtf (rich text format) with a right click]. due to some reason Would anybody please explain how to change it back to default [a word...