Windows 10: ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS

Discus and support ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I AM NOT SURE AT WHAT UPDATE THIS HAPPENED, BUT WHEN I SAVE TO MY DOCUMENT FOLDER, under this pc documents, where I always save, now I have a duplicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikaParkes, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS

I AM NOT SURE AT WHAT UPDATE THIS HAPPENED, BUT WHEN I SAVE TO MY DOCUMENT FOLDER, under this pc documents, where I always save, now I have a duplicate copy in ONE Drive. I HAVE NEVER ACTIVATED A ONE DRIVE OPTION. I TAKE CARE OF SAVING MY DOCUMENTS PICTURES AND LETTERS, CORRESPONDENCE....ETC, INTO A PURCHASED USB DRIVE, WHICH NOW MAKES THREE COPIES. ALSO, ONE DRIVE NOW EATS UP MY SAVING SPACE BECASUE OF AUTOMATIC DUPLICATION. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ASPECT AND DELETE OR UNINSTALL ONE DRIVE??

:)

ErikaParkes, Aug 15, 2019

2. Double Document Files

I just discovered that, In transferring files from an old laptop to new, I inadvertently copied My Documents twice. I now have a folder entitled "Documents" within my primary Documents folder, containing 216 GB of mostly duplicate folders, word docs, and
    images. I'd just delete that second folder except that some recent work may have been saved to it, rather than into the primary documents file.

Thinking that I could simply compare a list of files in the second folder with those in the first and delete the duplicates, I tried to print a list of the files. No print command or function was available. I then tried turning a small portion of that
    second file into a list and then copying it, but when I tried to paste same into a word doc for copying

, the paste function was refused.

Any suggestions as to how I can eliminate this second folder while retaining what recent non-duplicate work within?

If no answers for that, how can a print a list of files in a My Docs folder?

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit

TravvelNut, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 15, 2019
  4. ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS

Cannot save files in Documents

Hi,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding this issue like an issue with antivirus is not accepting your file in documents. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Which build of Windows are you running?
    • Are you running third party antivirus?
    • What program are you running to save on your documents?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    Billion Debbarma
    on September 19, 2015 in this
    thread
    . This thread is a related issue with your concern and will work on your Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS

1. ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS - Similar Threads - DRIVE DOUBLE FILE

2. If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive: If I save my documents on the PC will they also get saved on One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-save-my-documents-on-the-pc-will-they-also/38da86f7-beac-4f4f-867f-d51cc2f51e9a
  3. If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive: If I save my documents on the PC will they also get saved on One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-save-my-documents-on-the-pc-will-they-also/38da86f7-beac-4f4f-867f-d51cc2f51e9a
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  5. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  6. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

only save documents on one drive not on hard drive: I only want to save certain files on my hard drive. All other files I want to save them on One Drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-save-documents-on-one-drive-not-on-hard-drive/38a119e6-f6b0-4321-9ee4-f3308c1976cb
  8. Saving a Photoshop File to One Drive

Saving a Photoshop File to One Drive: I use Photoshop to process my images. Yesterday, I started having a problem saving my images to my One Drive account. I can see the images in File Explorer and can select and open them in Photoshop with no problem. But if I then make a change to the image and try to save them...
  9. Double files on One Drive and now no space.

Double files on One Drive and now no space.: I recently was working with One Drive and could only see my connected Business One Drive account and not my Personal One Drive account in the File Explorer. This I could only access via browser. I then added the Personal One Drive so that I could see it in the File Explorer...
  10. save excel files to one drive

save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...