Windows 10: One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

Discus and support One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently started One Drive on my Windows 11 PC. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with Desktop shortcuts in several folders. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pegrita, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Pegrita Win User

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

I recently started One Drive on my Windows 11 PC. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with Desktop shortcuts in several folders. I tried deleting the extra shortcuts to no avail. I tried moving files around, and it made things worse. The end result is now when looking at the left pane, I have a desktop icon on top, and when I try to go to properties, it takes me to Windows settings. If I expand it, I get my user profile, etc. Also, if I cut and paste anything to the desktop, I get two of the same images. I would really appreciate any help,Peggy

:)

Pegrita, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC. 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC. 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC. 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, Feb 28, 2024
  4. One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

little cat, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

1. One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC. - Similar Threads - Drive duplicates issue

2. One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.: I recently started One Drive on my Windows 11 PC. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with Desktop shortcuts in several folders. I tried deleting the extra shortcuts to no avail. I tried moving files around, and it made things worse. The end result is now when...
  3. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  4. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  5. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  6. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  7. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has duplicated my Photos path: Hi all, This is my first post to the community, I really hope you guys can help. I no longer use Onedrive and I have stopped all syncing and have unlinked my PC. I have now noticed that all my Pictures, both in the Onedrive location and the This PC location, have the...
  8. Issues with one-drive/pc

Issues with one-drive/pc: I don't use one drive and have it turned off. I have just scanned a document for work on my pc and it is showing in my pc folder. However I cannot open it as it comes up with an error message suggesting that it is in one drive and to check I have inserted the name...
  9. Duplication of one drive files onto my PC

Duplication of one drive files onto my PC: I have two drives on my PC, the D: drive where I keep all photos and documents and is 2TB and a much smaller SSD drive for applications. Unfortunately the files that are synced to One Drive from the D drive are then being duplicated onto the C: drive and have used up all the...
  10. duplicate One Drive files

duplicate One Drive files: I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my documents and pictures. However, for some reason, there is another One Drive folder with the same files on the SSD under...