Windows 10: one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager

Discus and support one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi there, i am having problems opening files from one drive thru the file manager. The file does not open and there is a (not responding) message in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobWhitechurch, Nov 13, 2019.

1. one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager

hi there,

i am having problems opening files from one drive thru the file manager. The file does not open and there is a (not responding) message in the title bar of the window and it just freezes / sits there.

I can access the files if I open them from inside the application (word, excel, ppt, adobe acrobat) but they show as 'not responding' if I try to open them from the file manager window.

I cant find a fix for this online so would love your advice and help to fix this so I can open files direct from the file manager windows.

thank you!

rob

:)

RobWhitechurch, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Nov 13, 2019
  4. one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager

Winfile file manager

You mean this

File Manager from Windows NT 4.0 Open Sourced

If you are unsure, subscribe to github and ask a question relating to it there.

eidairaman1, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager

1. one drive files 'not responding' in windows 10 file manager - Similar Threads - drive files 'not

2. Annoying one drive in the address bar of file manager:-...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying one drive in the address bar of file manager:-...: Why am I seeing one drive in the address bar this is so annoying even when I uninstall the one drive it keeps showing up there. It's way too much annoying....
  3. Annoying one drive in the address bar of file manager:-...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying one drive in the address bar of file manager:-...: Why am I seeing one drive in the address bar this is so annoying even when I uninstall the one drive it keeps showing up there. It's way too much annoying....
  4. File Manager not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager not responding: I am cleaning up documents, deleting some and filing into folders. File manager is now not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager-not-responding/ed7c08ba-7c68-440f-8af1-b78341f7a5ff
  5. file manager not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file manager not responding: subject says it all.....file manager not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager-not-responding/6ae62d09-5045-4497-95ae-c88b60d9a6fd
  6. One Drive files

One Drive files: When I try to move files or folders from One Drive to my hard drive, I get an error message saying an unexpected error is keeping me from copying the folder. Error 0x80004005. Same thing when I try to delete. Availability status: Sync pending. Also, if I try to move a...
  7. red x's in file manager because of one drive

red x's in file manager because of one drive: how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-xs-in-file-manager-because-of-one-drive/7678c3c6-42b1-4e66-852f-f27625512696"
  8. File Explorer not responding when browsing one specific drive

File Explorer not responding when browsing one specific drive: Hello, I have several drives on my Windows 10 computer. But when I'm browsing through one of these drives, E:, it get's incredibly laggy. Sometimes it gets unresponsive or takes up to one minute to just rename a folder. I have no problem with File Explorer in any other HDD...
  9. Files in one drive

Files in one drive: I can see all of my onedrive files on my PC. However, when I log into the site on my PC I cannot see the files. I can see them when I log into ONEDIVE on my MAC. How can I fix this...
  10. One Drive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Drive files: Computers on my network can access my one drive files. I am the ED everyone does not need all of my documents. We want to share printers and QB, but not all of my document files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive not responding through file explorer in windows

2. onedrive folder in file explorer not responding

3. one drive explorer not responding