Windows 10: One Drive folder and cloud

Discus and support One Drive folder and cloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What's the purpose of the OneDrive Folder on my laptop? The contents are not the same as my OneDrive in the cloud. If I put things in the folder, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamAndersen, Mar 9, 2019.

1. One Drive folder and cloud

What's the purpose of the OneDrive Folder on my laptop? The contents are not the same as my OneDrive in the cloud.

If I put things in the folder, they stay there. I have to sign in on the cloud to have things saved there.

:)

WilliamAndersen, Mar 9, 2019
  2. TToff Win User

WD My Cloud 4Tb - Lost full content of Share Folder and Safepoint

Hullo,

Yesterday I lost a whole content of my main custom share folder on My Cloud 3Tb and simultaneously all data on my Safepont backup drive (sic!) (3Tb).

Previously I have noticed that My Cloud frequently disconnected itself from my home network. Thus I had to reboot it by detaching power supply. There was also a problem with recognition of my USB external storage attached to My Cloud (Safepoint drive).

Finally I did a Safe Factory Restore and I switched my main share folder setting from public to private. While doing that my main custom share folder disappeared from share list (Windows Explorer and web UI). When I switched back to public it reappeared again.

I think in this moment I noticed in Windos Explorer that in my main custom folder share sub-folder (huge volume - about 2.7TB) content became disappeared - there were files and subfolders there.

After certain time the share was emptied. There were only one folder (empty) and one sub-folder (empty).

I was struck dumb discovering that the Safepoint drive was also emptied. All folders remains in the root but they were completely empty!

As WD assures it was to be the safest protection for the My Cloud data!.
    Thus I have lost almost 3Tb of precious data.

Today I contacted WD Support and they confirmed no data on the both drive. They, in the preliminary way proposed me an exchange (drive is on warranty) free of charge (after recovery attempt)! The final decision should be confirmed. They have advised me to contact recovery service company to retrieve the data. Of course they do not cover the fee.

They have not been able to explain why and how was it possible to loose the data from Safepoint drive.

I am extremely disappointed. In such case the whole WD idea of data security is totally untrustworthy. I will never be able to trust it and put on it any valuable data, any data.

I wonder wher if any of you have the similar problem.

I would be deeply thankful if you could furnish me with any potential cause of that disaster and if the lost data could be recoverable.

Thank you in advance and be careful, do not trust a Safepoint stability and security.

I wish I made a backup on a separate drive and not on attached to My Cloud one. Well, I wish I bought and used My Cloud at all.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on the above.

TToff, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

One Drive folder and cloud

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Excellent instructions. I would just add one more step: If user uses OneDrive Files on Demand feature, then user needs to right click the OneDrive\OpenTTD folder on both computers and select Always keep on this device:

One Drive folder and cloud [​IMG]

Kari, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

One Drive folder and cloud

1. One Drive folder and cloud - Similar Threads - Drive folder cloud

2. Windows 11, One Drive: Can I manually add folders to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, One Drive: Can I manually add folders to the cloud?: Hi,I have windows11, Microsoft Home and Business which includes outlook 2021. Can I manually add folders to OneCloud without having every folder/file automatically go to the cloud? I need a specific folder made available for me and another person to share access. I don't want...
  3. Windows 11, One Drive: Can I manually add folders to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, One Drive: Can I manually add folders to the cloud?: Hi,I have windows11, Microsoft Home and Business which includes outlook 2021. Can I manually add folders to OneCloud without having every folder/file automatically go to the cloud? I need a specific folder made available for me and another person to share access. I don't want...
  4. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  5. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  6. the cloud and one drive the same thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the cloud and one drive the same thing?: Is the cloud and one drive the same thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-cloud-and-one-drive-the-same-thing/1febb200-7441-4c52-bc95-1810bbadcc1a
  7. One Drive missing cloud icon

One Drive missing cloud icon: One Drive is running but there is no cloud icon in the notification area - yes I have revealed hidden icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-missing-cloud-icon/e61768a9-9555-456b-90a3-0f0a87c228df"
  8. One Cloud

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Cloud: I have a Microsoft account. Obviously, because I am signed in here. BUT...when I attempt to sign in to One Cloud I get a message indicating that there is no account for said email. THEN...when I attempt to set up a new email address I get a message saying that said email...
  9. Backup for One Drive cloud account

Backup for One Drive cloud account: does microsoft provide backup to the One drive cloud accounts? If so, where is it stored? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-one-drive-cloud-account/4819381f-e581-44cd-8ce9-cc7fa8166c2a"
  10. Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?: I have an old game that keeps it's saves in a specific location that cannot be changed (mydocuments\gamename\saves in case that matters). I'm playing with 2 different PC's both carrying win10-64bit and I'm getting tired of copying the new save to a cloud service and moving...