Windows 10: One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop

Discus and support One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I need help to restore the files from my old Laptop Desktop . My previous Laptop main board was damaged, and my LapTop not work anymore, but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joao Miguel Pereira, Sep 3, 2020.

1. One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop

Hello

I need help to restore the files from my old Laptop Desktop .

My previous Laptop main board was damaged, and my LapTop not work anymore, but i could recover the Hard Drive where i have all my information.

The folders and files in my previous Desktop Laptop are saved in the following location

D:\Users\João Pereira\OneDrive\Desktop

I just tried to make a simple copy paste and is giving an error.

One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop dd227634-e218-49f9-9a51-5c1fbcff3531?upload=true.png

How can i restore all information, to my new Laptop?

Thanks for support

Joao Pereira

:)

Joao Miguel Pereira, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 3, 2020
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Purchased external drive to paste folder from my laptop to the external drive. How can I delete a folder from the external drive?

Purchased external drive to paste folder from my laptop to the external drive. How can I delete a folder from the external drive?

nancy3243, Sep 3, 2020
  4. One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop

1. One Drive Folder in an External Drive, from my broken Laptop - Similar Threads - Drive Folder External

2. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  3. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  4. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  5. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  6. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive: So I have the game pass and I'm trying to find out what's been blocking me from installing it to my external drive. Long story short I use to be able to, but recently became incapable of it, only to find a windowsapp folder on the drive that's empty and with no stated owner....
  7. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive: So I have the game pass and I'm trying to find out what's been blocking me from installing it to my external drive. Long story short I use to be able to, but recently became incapable of it, only to find a windowsapp folder on the drive that's empty and with no stated owner....
  8. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

9. External Hard Drive Broken

External Hard Drive Broken: My external hard drive broke very suddenly, things work when it isn't plugged in, but when plugged in file explorer only stays on 'working on it' all of the downloads to it have disappeared and don't show up anymore also when I open my computer it wont start until it is...
  10. Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?: Hello, I have two external drives attached to my Surface and on one of them, I have been keeping my One Drive. On the other, I have a folder full of RAW pics that I'd like to also move to One Drive for back-up. Question: Is there a way to include this folder to One Drive...