Windows 10: One drive Free up space option deleted my local files

Discus and support One drive Free up space option deleted my local files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello community , I had an issue with my one drive , i used the free up space feature there was files that exists localy and not online . After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BEN SGHAIER Aymen, Jun 29, 2020.

1. One drive Free up space option deleted my local files

Hello community ,

I had an issue with my one drive , i used the free up space feature there was files that exists localy and not online .

After that a lot of my local files have been deleted and i can't find them anywhere . no versions was pushed online .

is there a folder temporary or other where i can restore this files?

Thanks,

:)

BEN SGHAIER Aymen, Jun 29, 2020

2. Freeing up space on hard drive

Windows 7 has a nasty problem of eating up all disk space in the following two folders:

• C:\Windows\Logs\CBS
    • C:\Windows\Temp
    You can delete the contents of both directories without impact. Some files will not be able to be deleted because they are in use. You can skip those, and should not try to delete them.

Additionally, there are many common methods that you can try to free up hard drive space on your Windows 7.

Otherwise reading:

What's Taking up Space on My Hard Drive and How to Free up Space

PeterPeng3, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to free up space on my C: drive?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Warning:

Make sure you back all the important files before deleting to avoid data loss.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 29, 2020
  4. hgscott Win User

One drive Free up space option deleted my local files

Free Up Space from Locally Available OneDrive Files in Windows 10  

I have recently updated to Win 10 v 1703, mainly to get this feature to free up space. The option is available but when I select Free up Space it does not do anything, files and folders remain as local copies. Any suggestions?

hgscott, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

One drive Free up space option deleted my local files

1. One drive Free up space option deleted my local files - Similar Threads - drive Free space

2. How to undo deleted "Free up Space" local OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo deleted "Free up Space" local OneDrive Folder: I mistakenly deleted onedrive folder on my local computer by choosing "Free up Space" from folder properties. The folder is no longer present on local computer. I do have a 2nd computer that still shows the the original folder local, and in onedrive cloud. Both computers show...
  3. How to undo deleted "Free up Space" local OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo deleted "Free up Space" local OneDrive Folder: I mistakenly deleted onedrive folder on my local computer by choosing "Free up Space" from folder properties. The folder is no longer present on local computer. I do have a 2nd computer that still shows the the original folder local, and in onedrive cloud. Both computers show...
  4. How to undo deleted "Free up Space" local OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything: I have chosen 'Free Up Space' on a One Drive folder with right mouse option and it doesn't do anything.Files remain on the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-with-one-drive-doesnt-do-anything/b861ff13-c199-4dbd-ab9b-2dd315d07aee
  6. Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything

Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything: I have chosen 'Free Up Space' on a One Drive folder with right mouse option and it doesn't do anything.Files remain on the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-with-one-drive-doesnt-do-anything/b861ff13-c199-4dbd-ab9b-2dd315d07aee
  7. one drive cloud / desktop / free up space issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive cloud / desktop / free up space issues: OneDrive have been a struggle! I appreciate your time reading all the details below to help!Does anyone know how with Google Drive, you upload all your files they are there. Then you can download Google Drive desktop & you have the option of leaving your files on the web /...
  8. one drive cloud / desktop / free up space issues

one drive cloud / desktop / free up space issues: OneDrive have been a struggle! I appreciate your time reading all the details below to help!Does anyone know how with Google Drive, you upload all your files they are there. Then you can download Google Drive desktop & you have the option of leaving your files on the web /...
  9. "Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty

"Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty: Attempted to use the "free up space" option in my storage and its stuck saying "Purging: Compress your OS drive" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-hard-drive-option-difficulty/d7a902d2-7089-4e17-a2fa-e8b970c1db9e"
  10. Free up drive space

Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"