Windows 10: One-drive ghost folder

Discus and support One-drive ghost folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yaron Gilad, Oct 18, 2020.

1. One-drive ghost folder

I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed, but if I open the Onedrive app on my Android mobile I can see two duplicate folders: The proper one with all the files inside it, and the ghost folder that is empty and cannot be deleted. It has the same name too so they're identical and I'm not sure what can be done to fix it.

:)

Yaron Gilad, Oct 18, 2020
  2. DawnFA Win User

How to remove ghost system folder

Thank you for pointing me to another forum. I tried all the suggestions listed on the page your link took me to, but none of them worked for me. I have posted what I did which resulted in the ghost folder, so hopefully someone will come up with a solution
    for me. I'll let you know. Thanks again for taking the time to post the link.

DawnFA, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Oct 18, 2020
  4. shay45670 Win User

One-drive ghost folder

One drive ghost folder

Thank you for your help, Greg. I had already unlinked the account from the taskbar, that is the reason the situation was bizzarre. Anyways I solved. If anyone else faces this problem i did it like this:

First I uninstalled One Drive, at this point everything was the same, desktop ok file manager mostly ok. Only problem the one drive folder was still there.

Then I reinstalled One Drive and still the folder was there.

So i went to my user profile and manually deleted the other two folders (new institutional + personal, the older was not there but still present in the sidebar)

Windows started acting out and deleted my desktop, also every shortcut in the file manager gave me errors (but was fine when i uninstalled one drive so I don't understand why)

I re-logged in my personal and new institutional account and everything was back, shortcuts working, desktop ok and the ghost folder was gone.

Conclusion: Windows is a bugfest

shay45670, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

One-drive ghost folder

1. One-drive ghost folder - Similar Threads - drive ghost folder

2. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  3. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  4. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive: Hello, I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what it looks like: [ATTACH] How can I get rid of this? It looks bad and any Windows action I try can't detect it as the drive is...
  5. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  6. One drive ghost folder

One drive ghost folder: I have this one onedrive folder from an old institutional account which i removed from my computer and it doesn't want to go away. I even uninstalled one drive but the folder is still in the explorer and when i click on it it just gives me an error saying it's not available....
  7. Ghost Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...
  8. One Drive folders

One Drive folders: Hi everyone. I asked this yesterday and was told the only option is to move everything to the one drive folder. But there's got to be a better way. How can I have files on my PC automatically upload to one drive without moving them to the one drive folder?...
  9. One-drive syncing error message for file that no longer exists/ Ghost folder in docs

One-drive syncing error message for file that no longer exists/ Ghost folder in docs: I have been having problems syncing files in One Drive. And trying to fix that created ghost folders that can be seen but don't exist. When I got to settings --> backup --> manage backup for OneDrive, I get the following error message : 2004-SIT'N SPIN" in Documents...
  10. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post. Thank you. 51151