Windows 10: One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud

Discus and support One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 500GB of internal storage on my laptop. My One Drive has 1 TB in it. Theoretically I can only use 500GB As much as my internal hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaylabarlian, Mar 15, 2021.

1. One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud

Hi,

I have 500GB of internal storage on my laptop. My One Drive has 1 TB in it.

Theoretically I can only use 500GB As much as my internal hard drive capacity despite of 1TB facility from One drive.

Does one drive have a smart sync features, where I can have a folder on my internal one drive folder on my laptop but all of the files inside that folders is stored at the cloud ? I can recall that files on demand ot become available on my laptop. I use also use dropbox and they have this type of features. It would be nice if OneDrive have such features, so that I can utilize all of the 1tb availability from OneDrive.

:)

kaylabarlian, Mar 15, 2021

2. Hard drive half-recognized

I just recently built my computer from parts I purchased from Micro Center. When I installed everything and installed windows 10 it worked like a champ. I went to set up my 4TB hard drive and when I went into the disk management it only allowed me to use
    half of the drive and it specifies the other half as "unallocated" but when i right-click on it to allocate it, it only lets me click "properties" or "help." the computer works great and have not had any problems with it except for only being able to use
    half my drive, someone please help.
    One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud 77cbb95c-92f6-437c-a348-47f4cb85d885.png

epatrick81, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Half Of 4TB External Hard drive Still Unallocated

I have been using this hard drive on my Xbox One and have recently decided I wanted to use it on my PC. I plugged the hard drive into my PC, went into disk management and immediately noticed something strange... the drive had 2 seperate parts to it. So
    I then followed the steps to formatting the first half, then moved to the seccond, but the seccond half would not allow me to do ANYTHING. Please help me solve this problem.

MorganC137, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Jane Lla Win User

One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud

Half Screen

Hi Emmanuel,

I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Please confirm the following details so we can verify if this has something to do with hardware or if it's with the driver software.

When you stated: " My laptop keeps on half screening if I sleep—"

—does this mean that this only happens when your computer enters sleep mode, and it goes away when you're using your laptop?

If the half screen is a permanent issue, you'd need to isolate this case if it has something to do with the actual graphics card. Connect an external monitor to see if it would be the same.

If you don't get the same (half) screen on the external monitor, then it only means that your graphics card is all good.

I've read some reports about this issue. It was advised that this happens when the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to a connector on the motherboard fails.

Before you contact your local technician, I suggest that you try to update the display adapter driver and see if the same thing happens.

Visit the device manufacturer's support site of your graphics card and download the latest driver updates.

If updating the driver didn't sort it, you'd then need to manually uninstall the current driver, then allow Windows to reinstall a generic driver. To do this, follow these steps advised in this support article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Please post back your update so I'd know if you still need help.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud

1. One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud - Similar Threads - Drive half data

2. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. Half my computer is in one english, the other is in another language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half my computer is in one english, the other is in another language.: I asked for a tech to format my computer and install windows in english.He didn't, he installed in portuguese, and just changed the language inside windows, it did not work fully.Now half my computer is in English, another half is in Portuguese, most softwares are behaving...
  5. Half my computer is in one english, the other is in another language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half my computer is in one english, the other is in another language.: I asked for a tech to format my computer and install windows in english.He didn't, he installed in portuguese, and just changed the language inside windows, it did not work fully.Now half my computer is in English, another half is in Portuguese, most softwares are behaving...
  6. Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea): [ATTACH] So I have a really old PC, FX8320, some gigabyte mobo, and 4x4GB sticks of identical RAM. It has been fine for forever, but with a update windows update half of my RAM became \"hardware reserved.\" I've tried every solution I can find, done everything short of...
  7. Half Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half Life: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 147537
  8. Half of Google Drive shows nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of Google Drive shows nothing: I've got a new laptop recently, and after being a couple of days working with it, I discovered I couldn't see half of the Google Drive website. Not just one page, but rather almost everything, including whenever someone has to share me a link to download a file and the link...
  9. half windows

in Windows 10 Support
    half windows: Hi There My small problem at moment is, when I d/c my Gmail icon, it always opens as a half window, and I would like to rectify it. It happened years ago and I seem to remember there was an option to open a second window as one you have open, the it says "new window"...
  10. Computer Half-works After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Half-works After Update: I was on the fast insider downloads, but when I updated to the Fall Creators Update my computer would restart every 15 minutes, over and over again. So I rolled it back to pre-update, and quit the Insiders' program. Yesterday my computer updated on its own, and now only...