Windows 10: One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

Discus and support One Drive has duplicated my Photos path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first post to the community, I really hope you guys can help. I no longer use Onedrive and I have stopped all syncing and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cliff the Curious, Mar 30, 2020.

1. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

Hi all, This is my first post to the community, I really hope you guys can help. I no longer use Onedrive and I have stopped all syncing and have unlinked my PC. I have now noticed that all my Pictures, both in the Onedrive location and the This PC location, have the one drive path name in their properties. This means if I delete a photo from the now switched off Onedrive folder it is also deleted from the 'normal' Pictures path so I lose the original photo completely. The Onedrive folder contains all of my photo folders totally duplicated exactly as in the normal Pictures Folder. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path 147e9b48-4f7a-4fde-a140-a4eeb6ff9c2c?upload=true.png

One Drive has duplicated my Photos path bac1712c-18c8-437b-82f8-420fc2b31fd4?upload=true.png

This only affects my Pictures folder. The other folders in Onedrive are empty except for desktop which has the list of desktop icons. I do not have the Onedrive cloud icon on my taskbar now not even in hidden icons although it was there, greyed out with the slash across for some time as I have switched it off. I have not uninstalled it and it is still showing in the start menu. Do I need to copy all photos to an external drive, then delete all pictures on the PC in both locations, then copy them back?

I am running Windows 10 Home V1909. I have never synced to other devices just this PC. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Cliff the Curious, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 30, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Mar 30, 2020
  4. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

identify duplicate photos

Hi Maureen,

Can you please provide the following information:

• Where are you saving your photos?
    • Is duplicate photos in one folder?
    • When did this issue occur? Any changes made on your device?
    • Is it happening to all of the photos or to some of your photos?
    • Are you also experiencing duplicate files or photos alone?

We'll be here when you post back.

Justine Pel, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

1. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path - Similar Threads - Drive has duplicated

2. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  3. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  4. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  5. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

6. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  7. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  8. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

9. Problem with path to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with path to One Drive: This is the path to my One Drive. I am having a problem using that pat with a batch file and I am sure the issue is with the space between Mike and Edwards. I have no idea where to go to fix the issue. C:\Users\Mike Edwards\OneDrive\Eagles\Distribution\MasterFile...
  10. duplicate One Drive files

duplicate One Drive files: I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my documents and pictures. However, for some reason, there is another One Drive folder with the same files on the SSD under...