Windows 10: One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why?

Discus and support One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It has left a shortcut saying 'where are all my files'? Why?! submitted by /u/JohnnyZenith [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyZenith, Jan 6, 2021.

1. One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why?

It has left a shortcut saying 'where are all my files'? Why?!

submitted by /u/JohnnyZenith
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyZenith, Jan 6, 2021
  2. ausame Win User

Pictures gone

Same issue for me.

The latest Windows 10 update just installed today and 2 folders were missing and replaced by ones for One Drive. I was able to find both by opening the main file folder (for me it's on the bottom of the screen tool bar)

I did a search in documents folder (top right corner) for PICTURES and found the folder. I then moved that by 'left click and hold' and moving the folder to the QUICK ACCESS list on the right hand side of the screen. All of the pictures in the folder seemed
    to be present.

I also was able to recover the link for DOCUMENTS which had gone missing and was replaced with a link for DOCUMENTS on ONE DRIVE. I selected a folder from my FREQUENT FOLDERS list (top of screen when you open the documents folder). Then from the navigation
    bar you will see the documents folder along with any other path. Select the documents folder on the navigation bar. Then left click on that and move it to the QUICK ACCESS column on your left. It should be located there now.

Also, I can't remove the folder under This PC (left hand column when you open up File Explorer) for the one drive options of Documents and Pictures. And can't put hard drive folders for Documents and pictures under This PC. Microsoft is forcing One Drive
    on us, which only makes me want to use it less. If I find it valuable I'll use it but if you force it on us we will rebel against it more.

Hope this helps.

ausame, Jan 6, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 6, 2021
  4. LHiggins Win User

One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why?

Questions about moving Picture, Document folders to secondary drive

Hello,

I have a new Windows 10 Pro laptop with a SSD for the OS and a 1 TB hard drive for storage. I have been trying to follow the tutorial How to Move Your Pictures Folder Location in Windows 10 to move the documents, music, and pictures folders to the 1TB drive, without much success.

I have followed the steps several times, and one of two things happens. Either the file "is" copied - a file is created at the new location, but the same file also exists in the original location, and the start menu icons still link to the original folder. And/or the file is copied to the 1TB drive, and it links properly, but when I save something in that file, it also is saved in the original file. For some reason, it seems that the file was copied, not moved, and I think the result is going to be duplication of saved files.

I had thought that restarting the laptop after I made these changes would set things right, but so far, that has not happened.

I just used the Video folder as my test since I don't anticipate saving many videos, so each time, I chose to revert to the default location before starting over. Each time it said that the original folder did not exist, but it would create a new one - which it seemed it did back into the original location, and the linking is intact.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I know that there should be a way to move these folders so that they retain the link from the start menu icons to the D drive locations. Is the missing step the need to also tell the laptop where the default save location is as is described in this tutorial Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10 ? I know it is about apps, but further down it does also discuss documents etc. I did not do this - should I have?

Thanks for any help. This has been a bit frustrating, as it makes perfect sense int he tutorial, and I just can't quite figure out why it won't work.

LH

LHiggins, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why?

1. One drive has gone crazy and moved all my documents and pictures online, why? - Similar Threads - drive has gone

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. one drive has gone crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive has gone crazy: Hi,2 days ago I saw a dialog "cloud sync error". I simply dismissed the dialog, but since then one drive has been syncing all my files. Many files on my hard drive are being over written by older ones in the cloud. Source files for projects are reverting back to older...
  5. one drive has gone crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive has gone crazy: Hi,2 days ago I saw a dialog "cloud sync error". I simply dismissed the dialog, but since then one drive has been syncing all my files. Many files on my hard drive are being over written by older ones in the cloud. Source files for projects are reverting back to older...
  6. One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!: Last update on Windows 11 I noticed that I no longer have library folders. They all are under OneDrive. Even on the work computer that I only want the one shared folder on. when I try to manually move them back it won't let me move so many of them. This happened on both my...
  7. Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard has gone crazy. Help.: Was working the other day. Toshiba laptop. Couldn't log in because the keyboard was typing long blocks of gibberish after hitting one key. Finally got in with onscreen keyboard. Hitting space bar once types "7kp77k7k k7 7k7 7k7 7 7k" Hitting the a key types in...
  8. BSOD: My PC has gone crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: My PC has gone crazy: Win 10 Pro ver: 1909 (Compilation SO 18363.535) Good night. A pleasure to greet you all. About 6 months ago I mounted the PC, everything has gone perfect: Rendering with After Effects, Davinci, etc ... everything perfect. Daily work with Photoshop, stack files, hard...
  9. My pictures are gone from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pictures are gone from one drive: I used to have sll my pictures in one drive. They disappeared snd now i cant see one drive where it was . Itx gone too. Sll this happened bc i switched to firefox and that i believe is shst micro foesnt want us to do!! Edge was burning up my fan and i have no viruses. I...
  10. Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive: Hello everyone. I can't figure out how I can move a copy of a picture that's on my PC to OneDrive while keeping the original on my PC. The only way I can see is to move the picture to OneDrive but that moves it off my PC. I have some pictures that I want to keep in both...