Windows 10: One drive has littered my computer with error messages.

Discus and support One drive has littered my computer with error messages. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One drive has made mess of my computer. Errors everywhere. Up arrows, red circles with x's, circular arrows. Plus messages I'm running out of space in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by limabean2, Feb 4, 2023.

1. limabean2 Win User

One drive has littered my computer with error messages.

One drive has made mess of my computer. Errors everywhere. Up arrows, red circles with x's, circular arrows. Plus messages I'm running out of space in one drive, have run out of space... and I never signed up for One Drive! Apparently some of my files are saved there now I gather? How do I get them back onto my computer. Then how do I disable one drive? I want items saved to my computer. Win 11 just lost my vote for doing this to me. This is a real security issue as far as I'm concerned.Thank you for some guidance. I am like a beginner, need easy steps. Such as where is file tab? R

:)

limabean2, Feb 4, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 4, 2023
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Feb 4, 2023
  4. zebal Win User

Windows giving conflicting message about drive errors

Error message doesn't seem to explicitly say there is a disk error:

The rest of a message (non bold) is probably irrelevant since scanning the disk reported no problems.

What is disk snapshot?
    Snapshot (computer storage) - Wikipedia

I suggest you check following services are configured like this (ex. not disabled or stopped):

1. Virtual disk (vds) -> Manual
    2. Windows management instrumentation -> Automatic and started
    3. Windows management service -> Manual
    4. Volume shadow copy -> Manual

I don't know if getting rid of old snapshots could also get rid of this message, but you can test your command that produces this error after starting above services and see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see your update to previous post, but glad to hear you found the culprit! *Smile

zebal, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. One drive has littered my computer with error messages. - Similar Threads - drive has littered

2. An error message has shown up on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message has shown up on my computer: I am still using Windows 7 and am getting a message McUICnt.exe-Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point BCryptHash could not be located in the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll.The conputer is still usable but with glitches....
  3. An error message has shown up on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An error message has shown up on my computer: I am still using Windows 7 and am getting a message McUICnt.exe-Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point BCryptHash could not be located in the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll.The conputer is still usable but with glitches....
  4. YOUR P.O.S. ONE DRIVE **** HAS RUINED MY COMPUTERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YOUR P.O.S. ONE DRIVE **** HAS RUINED MY COMPUTERS: What a **** joke. I have a main gaming pc and a rog ally. Having onedrive and 2 different computers using it at the same time is a FKING JOKE. I don't want every single thing from both computers at all times and it breaks my stuff when I try to turn it off. I've tried...
  5. YOUR P.O.S. ONE DRIVE **** HAS RUINED MY COMPUTERS

YOUR P.O.S. ONE DRIVE **** HAS RUINED MY COMPUTERS: What a **** joke. I have a main gaming pc and a rog ally. Having onedrive and 2 different computers using it at the same time is a FKING JOKE. I don't want every single thing from both computers at all times and it breaks my stuff when I try to turn it off. I've tried...
  6. YOUR P.O.S. ONE DRIVE **** HAS RUINED MY COMPUTERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. One drive has littered my computer with error messages.

One drive has littered my computer with error messages.: One drive has made mess of my computer. Errors everywhere. Up arrows, red circles with x's, circular arrows. Plus messages I'm running out of space in one drive, have run out of space... and I never signed up for One Drive! Apparently some of my files are saved there now I...
  8. One Drive - Sorry, an error has occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive - Sorry, an error has occurred: HiI need to access my online One Drive from my laptop and I keep getting the following error message. - Sorry, an error has occurred. Is OneDrive Down ?...
  9. My One Drive has 2 unresolved errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My One Drive has 2 unresolved errors: My One Drive has 2 unresolved errors 1. Some One Drive files keep showing up in Recycle bin and I have to keep restoring 2. After some files in the recycle bin were "apparently" deleted, syncing shows continuous icon in tool tray - when clicked, "One Drive is updating . . ....
  10. litter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    litter: I cant write litter s and c ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/litter/f26da5d5-de56-48c1-818a-8dc290089797