Windows 10: One Drive has messed up my system

Discus and support One Drive has messed up my system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One drive has deleted many files from my PC. It has left shortcuts on my desktop but still the files aren't there. Now in my photos folder it insists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Johnnyzenith, Jan 5, 2021.

1. One Drive has messed up my system

One drive has deleted many files from my PC. It has left shortcuts on my desktop but still the files aren't there. Now in my photos folder it insists on showing old photos from a dropbox folder I never even use. It has caused many problems.

How do I fix this?

Also I have system restore set to on but it has never created any system restore points.

:)

Johnnyzenith, Jan 5, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 5, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Jan 5, 2021
  4. One Drive has messed up my system

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

One Drive has messed up my system

1. One Drive has messed up my system - Similar Threads - Drive has messed

2. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  3. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  4. One drive messed up my quick access

One drive messed up my quick access: OneDrive was set up to backup desktop and documents.I'd been taking my music sample library 145gb whichis stored on my second drive, and creating a rar file thenputting the rar on my desktop backup folder which is setto offline only. My second hard drive is what windows...
  5. One drive messed up my quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up my quick access: OneDrive was set up to backup desktop and documents.I'd been taking my music sample library 145gb whichis stored on my second drive, and creating a rar file thenputting the rar on my desktop backup folder which is setto offline only. My second hard drive is what windows...
  6. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  7. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  8. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

9. One drive messed up all my libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One drive messed up all my libraries: Onedrive somehow messed up all my documents, photos and all other photos when I turned on sync. Any fix? submitted by /u/orangelord234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5s7bz/one_drive_messed_up_all_my_libraries/
  10. One Drive has messed with all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has messed with all my files: Fairly new windows user, Windows 10 Home So recently one drive has been backing up every file on my computer, but always showing pop-ups that are saying "You do not have enough one drive storage" and that I cannot back up any more files. I never told one drive to back up...