Windows 10: One Drive has messed with all my files

Discus and support One Drive has messed with all my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fairly new windows user, Windows 10 Home So recently one drive has been backing up every file on my computer, but always showing pop-ups that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MasonVanderburg, Sep 30, 2020.

1. One Drive has messed with all my files

Fairly new windows user, Windows 10 Home

So recently one drive has been backing up every file on my computer, but always showing pop-ups that are saying "You do not have enough one drive storage" and that I cannot back up any more files. I never told one drive to back up anything, and now all of my file locations have been moved. A lot of my desktop icons are no longer there, and every file in Documents, Desktop, AppData, Pictures, etc. are now in users>mason>OneDrive. How do I get these files out and completely stop one drive from moving future files and backing up everything?

Thanks so much, Mason.

:)

MasonVanderburg, Sep 30, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

4. Drone Win User

One Drive has messed with all my files

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

One Drive has messed with all my files

1. One Drive has messed with all my files - Similar Threads - Drive has messed

2. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?: I was initially setting up OneDrive and stopped syncing my files and disconnected one drive but it moved a lot of my local files off my computer to where when I click on folders it says invalid path and I cant even open them in file explorer. Even stopping the sync and...
  3. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?: I was initially setting up OneDrive and stopped syncing my files and disconnected one drive but it moved a lot of my local files off my computer to where when I click on folders it says invalid path and I cant even open them in file explorer. Even stopping the sync and...
  4. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  6. One drive messed up ALL of my files

One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  7. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  8. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  9. One drive messed up all my libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One drive messed up all my libraries: Onedrive somehow messed up all my documents, photos and all other photos when I turned on sync. Any fix? submitted by /u/orangelord234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5s7bz/one_drive_messed_up_all_my_libraries/
  10. One Drive has messed up my system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has messed up my system: One drive has deleted many files from my PC. It has left shortcuts on my desktop but still the files aren't there. Now in my photos folder it insists on showing old photos from a dropbox folder I never even use. It has caused many problems. How do I fix this? Also I...