Windows 10: One Drive has messed with all my files

Discus and support One Drive has messed with all my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fairly new windows user, Windows 10 Home So recently one drive has been backing up every file on my computer, but always showing pop-ups that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MasonVanderburg, Sep 30, 2020.

1. One Drive has messed with all my files

Fairly new windows user, Windows 10 Home

So recently one drive has been backing up every file on my computer, but always showing pop-ups that are saying "You do not have enough one drive storage" and that I cannot back up any more files. I never told one drive to back up anything, and now all of my file locations have been moved. A lot of my desktop icons are no longer there, and every file in Documents, Desktop, AppData, Pictures, etc. are now in users>mason>OneDrive. How do I get these files out and completely stop one drive from moving future files and backing up everything?

Thanks so much, Mason.

:)

MasonVanderburg, Sep 30, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

4. Drone Win User

One Drive has messed with all my files

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

One Drive has messed with all my files

1. One Drive has messed with all my files - Similar Threads - Drive has messed

2. KB4561600 has messed up all on-screen elements

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4561600 has messed up all on-screen elements: After installing the latest Windows Update 2020-06 Cumulative Update for 2004, the spacing on all of my screen elements has changed. Items on the taskbar are now wider and more broadly spaced than before. The Search Box on the taskbar has disappeared. Items in Explorer are...
  3. One drive changed all of my filepaths

One drive changed all of my filepaths: Hi, I started doing a backup of major files in my computer mainly everything in the Desktop, but when I did this One drive changed all of my filepaths locally!! adding "/One Drive - UniversityName/" to it I wanted to do a backup to one drive but still preserve the regular...
  4. backup my files to one drive

backup my files to one drive: How many files can I keep in my one drive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-my-files-to-one-drive/cb2051c6-b38a-4aaa-a61a-8e53b5278292
  5. Why did one drive delete all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did one drive delete all my files.: Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code. Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for back upin the middle of it to save on bandwidth did it delete all my local files resulting an incomplete backup, resulting in...
  6. Windows saving all files to One Drive

Windows saving all files to One Drive: How can I change the location where my files are saved? Somehow windows is saving ALL my files to One Drive and not my hard drive. I've tried to change the location in my apps (Word, Excel, etc) but the files are still going to One Drive. BTW, I uninstalled One Drive, but...
  7. One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized: Hi, I'm having some problems with how Groove music is sorting my songs atm. You see i tried to store all of my songs onto One Drive after i got it up and running on my laptop but once i found out that i didn't have enough space on there to put all 1377 of my songs i decided...
  8. My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM: My drive D files type has been change to .HRM and there is a html page asking for money to restore my file to normal how can i recover my files?! please somebody help * Moved from Windows 7/Security...
  9. Windows 10 has messed up all my file associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has messed up all my file associations: Damn you Microsoft again. What is it with Microsoft constantly doing something so completely stupid and unwanted by anyone? I'm pretty sure this was their latest update. Suddenly I click on a file that had an app associated with it and I get a dialog box saying:...
  10. File Explorer has become a real mess

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer has become a real mess: File Explorer, in the last few days, has become a real mess on my computers. (My Documents resides on a network drive, a D-Link DNS-323, which is mapped to the computer, and has been ever since the July release.) 1. Sometimes it takes File Explorer 4 or 5 minutes to allow...