Windows 10: One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being...

Discus and support One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I created a family using microsoft family safety I made myself the organizer I created an account for my handicapped son He was sent an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marleneburton, Jun 4, 2020.

1. One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being...

I created a family using microsoft family safety I made myself the organizer I created an account for my handicapped son He was sent an email by microsoft and accepted the invitation to become a family member

Then, I decided to upgrade my office 365 from one user at home to a family so my son could have his own space on one drive

I kept getting an error message telling me I had to log on in his account from his device go to family find myself then accept myself this did not make sense because I was the organizer and he was a family member and he had already accepted my invitation

So, I called chat support By this time my son's device is in COVID lockdown with him and I am teaching him how to use it using TeamViewer from my laptop in my home

Technician said I needed to download Office on his device so he could have his own space on one drive as part of the family of users

She helped me go on his device from my device and install office

Then, she helped me creat a onedrive for him

Then she decided to share all my one drive with him I did not want this but it was too late

So, he had all my medical and legal files on his device which is accessible by the people who care for him The ones a lot of my medical and legal letters are about

I explained this to her and she then opened up two different one drives showed me there was the same in each of our one drives

She said I just had to delete the files I did not want him to have from his onedrive. I did this

Before I did this I asked if the sharing had shared my vaults etc

She said his vault was his vault and mine was mine

His desktop, documents etc were his own even though we had shared these from my one drive

Turned out this maybe was not so

I deleted my files from his onedrive Then I deleted them from his wastebasket so his group home could not access them from there either

Then I went to my onedrive. I checked a few folders and they seemed fine - I checked my vault and all my stuff was gone In fact I had to log into my vault with a password and then after I opened it up I had to log into his vault inside my vault with a password All my files were gone except for a few that I had in the documents folder

Now when I log into my computer as myself and right click the onedrive icon on the left side of my task bar - it opens up his vault

When I log into things like this site - it identified me as account manager for him.

When I log into things as myself - it shows his picture instead of mine

I am completely confused

I really need help urgently

:)

marleneburton, Jun 4, 2020
  2. CraigLong Win User

Personal Vault (One Drive)

How can anyone else open the Personal Vault without the 2 step verification that only you can perform? To my knowledge you have to be signed in online to your Microsoft account before you can open the vault. It's bitlocker encrypted locally on your PC
    even.

CraigLong, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Personal Vault

I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you
    want to close your vault. Is there a way to close it before you are prompted? When I'm logged into and working from onedrive.com I do have the option to close at any time.

Another issue is that when you sign into your computer and open the file folder you see all files recently accessed. Your files "locked" in the vault are here also so what is the purpose of the vault?

CliffordBrass, Jun 4, 2020
  4. One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being...

Personal Vault

Hi AirGumby1944,

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

You can try the following, these indications solved the problem with this same error code 0x8031b003 to other users.

1.- Move all the data in the personal vault to a new folder. In OneDrive online with the browser of your choice.

2. In OneDrive online, you deactivate the personal vault >> Personal vault settings >> Menu >> Personal vault options. Two warnings appear.

3. In the Explorer, you remove all the remains of the personal vault. There must be a link in the personal vault and a personal vault folder that stopped working.

4. Finally, you enable the personal vault, online in the browser.

When you open the personal vault locally, all data must be there.

Let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Marc M.

MarcMorelli56, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being...

1. One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being... - Similar Threads - Drive has mixed

2. Can't access personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access personal vault in one drive: Hi,Firstly I don't know where to put this post as I can't see one drive on the drop down options so if a moderator can tell me which I can re submit it where it needs to be. thanks,I can't access my personal vault in one drive, I've tried logging in , new code sent each time...
  3. Can't access personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access personal vault in one drive: Hi,Firstly I don't know where to put this post as I can't see one drive on the drop down options so if a moderator can tell me which I can re submit it where it needs to be. thanks,I can't access my personal vault in one drive, I've tried logging in , new code sent each time...
  4. can't access one drive personal vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  5. can't access one drive personal vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  6. Vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vault: How do I get out of this?You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 2/19/2022 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security...
  7. Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vault: How do I get out of this?You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 2/19/2022 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security...
  8. can't unlock personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't unlock personal vault in one drive: I can't unlock my OneDrive personal vault on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-personal-vault-in-one-drive/1e1643d1-d455-4f15-8a72-7a2e28dcc08b
  9. Personal Vault (One Drive)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault (One Drive): I must get my laptop serviced. For security, I copied all files to Personal Vault and deleted them on my laptop. But as PV is visible in File Explorer, a 3rd party will be able to see all file and doc names. Acrobat files do not open unless I sign in to PV, but Excel and Word...
  10. Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vault: Does defender have a vault like Norton and I don't mean manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vault/3f448ca4-5cce-4aa5-8c5e-f361c3f22339"