Windows 10: One Drive has only public and pictures

Discus and support One Drive has only public and pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had spent several hours working on a file which I saved from time to time. After I turned the computer back on, I was unable to find the file. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AEGreene, Oct 8, 2019.

1. AEGreene Win User

One Drive has only public and pictures

I had spent several hours working on a file which I saved from time to time. After I turned the computer back on, I was unable to find the file. I tried everything and some things over and over. Finally it suddenly appeared. I checked the path and saw it was saved on One Drive personal. I never heard of One Drive personal. When I looked under file explorer, One Drive showed only public and pictures. Can you tell me what the problem is and how I can access One Drive personal if the computer saves to this area in error? Thank you.

:)

AEGreene, Oct 8, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. One Drive has only public and pictures - Similar Threads - Drive has public

2. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  3. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  4. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: I cannot preview AFTER i posted pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/a73d41e4-5487-453e-abb4-7e3da629fb31
  5. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: after I inserted my pictures into one drive. the images show up. After few 19 minutes from upload. the image didn't show How is it possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/e63569fa-6d1c-4b34-ac5e-5ee59699cc05
  6. One Drive public access

One Drive public access: Why do publicly shared files on One Drive often require a user to sign in to an MS account? Google Drive and similar servers don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-public-access/ac6882e7-53d9-44bc-91c0-adb923ee4c7c
  7. Picture has one bad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture has one bad.: So I've decided to used my QLED 4k for my pc and it looked amazing. Everything was so crisp and clear perfect for gaming ect.. However, some things just aren't all that great. I wen to load up old school runescape and I noticed the graphics on it were extremely pixelated....
  8. Deleted pictures on one drive

Deleted pictures on one drive: hi i deleted some pictures on one drive but I needed them back. I went into my recycling bin but they were not there, how can i get them back? I am desperate deleted them by mistske and deleted recycling bin to quickly. Advise please thank you...
  9. One Drive Pictures

One Drive Pictures: When loading pictures from iphone they only appear in OneDrive as low res? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/6b9298ee-9de6-452f-958d-8a5f07657837"
  10. One drive pictures download

One drive pictures download: When MS promised unlimited storage on one drive I backed up all my picture. MS downgraded and I want to download all my pictures now. However, either I get a message saying it is over 100GB. Or when I want to safe folders to my external hard drive all the zip folders won't...