Windows 10: One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

Discus and support One Drive has taken over my laptop!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anthonybotano, May 3, 2021.

1. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to see what I had stored. One drive moved multiple folders, including work save folders and so on to one drive. I now can NOT do my work unless I'm online, because everything is on One Drive. It's an absolute mess. Things aren't saved according to folder, I can't find an option to restore these files to their original location, and everything is all over the place. I don't know where these files are supposed to b

:)

anthonybotano, May 3, 2021
  2. dat789 Win User

Burgled -- New laptop taken

It was last week and I'm still quite upset over this. Recently got a Sony Vaio and it was not even 3 weeks old when it was taken.

Are there any experts out there who can, with details of MAC address, etc., trace the location of the laptop (therefore, also the low life burglar)?

I mean what is the fate of stolen laptops besides the obvious sale.

The laptop runs on Windows 7 (64-bit) and is requires a passphrase at the logon screen. What are the first few steps to take before making the loot saleable?

ps. my passport was also taken. Seriously!?!! What good is it to the burglar?!

dat789, May 3, 2021
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

One Drive has taken over my laptop!!! [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, May 3, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Jerry8A, May 3, 2021
Thema:

One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

1. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!! - Similar Threads - Drive has taken

2. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  3. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  4. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  6. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  7. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. OneDrive has taken Over

OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  9. Onedrive has taken over my windows 10 laptop

Onedrive has taken over my windows 10 laptop: HiOnedrive has eaten up all the space on my hard drive and backup disk too. I have fixed the backup disk, and even after getting support, and supposedly backing everything up to the cloud, there is more on my computer than on Onedrive. I finally cleared everything only to...
  10. Onedrive has taken over my windows 10 laptop

Onedrive has taken over my windows 10 laptop: To whomever it may concern; Onedrive has taken over my laptop, and while I have searched for an answer on the net, I did come up with one thread on here from Jimbo-Beneer created on February 10 2019, but I don't have a "choose folder" option in my "Account" tab, and when I...