Windows 10: One Drive help please

Discus and support One Drive help please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer had Windows 10 and it crashed. Had to reinstall Windows and office etc back. I have a one drive account with a lot of photos and videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRKING, Mar 12, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

One Drive help please

My computer had Windows 10 and it crashed. Had to reinstall Windows and office etc back.

I have a one drive account with a lot of photos and videos etc. Do I just go to Microsoft and redownload One Drive and it will keep my files I have previously stored? I am trying to avoid losing all my files by doing something wrong or syncing wrong.

I have photos of my deceased daughter on one drive and dont want to lose those so I need some expert advice so I don't screw anything up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

:)

BRKING, Mar 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

One Drive help please

You can sign back into Onedrive with the same MS account, and the photos and videos will still be there

5. BRKING Win User
    Thanks. I was worried it would try to sync my computer which now has zero files and overwrite existing files.

BRKING, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    Try just signing in through a browser first. You can go to Bing, and choose one drive from the drop down of office online

One Drive help please [​IMG]

I would also recommend getting an external hard drive, and saving your important stuff there

7. Dude Win User
    To better explain on the sync settings, it will sync the one drive files also locally on the computer. You still have them on your one drive storage.

One Drive help please [​IMG]

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

One Drive help please

1. One Drive help please - Similar Threads - Drive help please

2. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  3. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  4. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. One Drive help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive help: Hi support, I need to get info on the best way to approach an issue Im having with hard drive space on my day job work computer. Over time as Ive used Onedirve it has literally whipped out any available space on my C drive which is only a 250GB drive. To the point Im...
  6. One Drive help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive help: Hi support, I need to get info on the best way to approach an issue Im having with hard drive space on my day job work computer. Over time as Ive used Onedirve it has literally whipped out any available space on my C drive which is only a 250GB drive. To the point Im...
  7. One Drive help please...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive help please...: I've just subscribed to OneDrive and started uploading. I assumed it would upload them as they are on my phone - i.e. in specific folders, but it looks like I am getting one folder which is filling up with photos from all the individual ones? How can I start again and get a...
  8. Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished

Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished: My documents, photos and folders were saved to the One Drive folder seemingly automatically without my consent even though they also appeared in my folders on my PC. I did not want to use cloud based storage. I would get messages to sign in to one drive but never did, still...
  9. ONE DRIVE - help

ONE DRIVE - help: Desktop PC running Windows 10 & Tablet running Windows 10 Hi Desktop PC I have a short cut on the desktop to open "my documents" which is where I put all my files/folders/photos/music ect: I copied and pasted "my documents" into "ONE DRIVE" and this updates itself...
  10. One drive help

One drive help: Need to know how to sync my files to one drive, then remove them from my computer without one drive placing them back on. Thanks for any help since Microsoft doesn't provide support....