Windows 10: one drive history

Discus and support one drive history in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentaly activated one drive synchronisation of my folder Image. As a result, all my files on One Drive disappeared, replaced by the new files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanGrenier1, Aug 23, 2019.

1. one drive history

I accidentaly activated one drive synchronisation of my folder Image. As a result, all my files on One Drive disappeared, replaced by the new files. How can I recover my old files on OneDrive ?

:)

JeanGrenier1, Aug 23, 2019

2. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Aug 23, 2019
  3. GaryBetty Win User
    How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Aug 23, 2019
  4. one drive history

File History drive

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long, or it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll need to reconnect your File History drive.
    Plug in your external File History drive or reselect your network. You can start a backup manually or wait for the next scheduled backup or reselect the drive. Here is the steps:

To manually start a backup

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Back up now.

To reselect your drive

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Select a File History drive page, tap or click your current drive or network location, and then tap or click
      OK.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

one drive history

1. one drive history - Similar Threads - drive history

2. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.: Hello,I am using Windows 10.At the beginning of January of this year 2024, I switched to a larger external drive to back up my files with File History, as I have successfully done for decades.From my first try to back up my files with File History, it backed up many folders...
  3. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.: Hello,I am using Windows 10.At the beginning of January of this year 2024, I switched to a larger external drive to back up my files with File History, as I have successfully done for decades.From my first try to back up my files with File History, it backed up many folders...
  4. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  6. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  7. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive

How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive: How can I get File History to backup files on the D:/ drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-to-backup-files-on-thr/e233f48b-7cab-4cd3-ba60-290dfaff8f42
  9. How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive: How can I get File History to backup files on the D:/ drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-to-backup-files-on-thr/e233f48b-7cab-4cd3-ba60-290dfaff8f42
  10. will file history alert me if the physical hard drive encounters bad sectors or other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will file history alert me if the physical hard drive encounters bad sectors or other...: will file history alert me if the physical hard drive encounters bad sectors or other errors, or do i have to rely on other means of detecting a failing "history" disk? Expecially external. Should I? Can I... mirror two external drives if not?...