Windows 10: One Drive: how does it work?

Discus and support One Drive: how does it work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While looking how to solve a problem with PC and Windows Ten, I turned One Drive off. When I turned it back on, it seems to be downloading a ton of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mayagrafix, May 17, 2017.

1. One Drive: how does it work?

While looking how to solve a problem with PC and Windows Ten, I turned One Drive off. When I turned it back on, it seems to be downloading a ton of documents. I did not erase anything, just turned it off and on. And I'm getting a lot of messages saying "you now have 2 copies of such and such file 'cause they couldn't be merged"

Huhh? What gives?

Does OneDrive keep a copy in the cloud and another on my PC? what's the point to this?

:)

Mayagrafix, May 17, 2017

2. Once requested, how long does it take before one is notified that the Windows 10 download is available?

The fastest way to get the upgrade is to download the ISO. An ISO is like a dvd so to use it you will need to right click>mount. Start the upgrade from within windows.

WARNING: DO NOT USE THESE TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL (until after you have already updated). If you do
    you will not be able to activate it unless you have previously upgraded to win 10 and activated it. You then will be forced to re-install your previous OS before upgrading to win 10

The Official Final Windows 10 download is now available (10586)

Use the download tool to create ISO media to update your windows.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 17, 2017
  3. Sarah752 Win User
    Once requested, how long does it take before one is notified that the Windows 10 download is available?

I thought I'd requested the free upgrade previously, but I haven't been notified.

I just submitted my request in case I'm wrong that I've lready done this.

How long is the anticipated wait?

Sarah752, May 17, 2017
Thema:

One Drive: how does it work?

1. One Drive: how does it work? - Similar Threads - Drive does

2. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  3. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  4. What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?: I am trying to set up shared drives on my WORKGROUP, but after one of the latest Windows updates, it has started asking for us for a username and password to access other computers on the network. That is fine, except it rejects correct passwords. We tried the computer user's...
  5. What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?

What password does Windows 11 want for shared drives?: I am trying to set up shared drives on my WORKGROUP, but after one of the latest Windows updates, it has started asking for us for a username and password to access other computers on the network. That is fine, except it rejects correct passwords. We tried the computer user's...
  6. why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...: why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a clean install?I signed into the PC using my Microsoft account during the install. The specs are: Ryzen 7 5800H, 8GB RAM, RTX 3050Ti, 512GB SSD.Also, I am not having any problems. I am just...
  7. why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...

why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...: why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a clean install?I signed into the PC using my Microsoft account during the install. The specs are: Ryzen 7 5800H, 8GB RAM, RTX 3050Ti, 512GB SSD.Also, I am not having any problems. I am just...
  8. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  9. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  10. C drive does not show when running Ubuntu

C drive does not show when running Ubuntu: I am trying to recover unuploaded OneDrive documents from a Dell Optiplex 7780 running Windows 11 that I got locked out of. I assume there should be a folder on the C drive where the un-uploaded documents would be stored. My plan was to use an Ubuntu bootable USB to access...