Windows 10: One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents

Discus and support One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A new Dell laptop with Windows 11 arrived in July set up by a reputable technology company from who I bought the laptop. My husband pays for an annual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RosieFranczak, Aug 29, 2022.

1. One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents

A new Dell laptop with Windows 11 arrived in July set up by a reputable technology company from who I bought the laptop. My husband pays for an annual 365 subscription which is for up to 5 computers. He has windows 10. I used to have windows 10. One Drive on Windows 11 seems to be flawed. One Drive synched a lot of my most needed files and folders on the desktop without me asking it to do so , but in the process ruined access to them on the hard drive and I can't get at them in One Drive either. Years of important work now inaccessible. And the tech guy at Hailsham Technology is at a l

:)

RosieFranczak, Aug 29, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

cant install windows 8 on my cruciall ssd drive

Yeah, that was going to be my next suggestion. You can actually access the command prompt from inside the Windows installer, then run DiskPart and do a Clean command on the drive.

newtekie1, Aug 29, 2022
  3. 'C' shows "Drive Access Denied" error message on accessing some of the documents in Windows 10

Hello Senthil,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • Are not able to access only the Office documents on C: drive?
    • Did you check if the file is accessible on changing the drive location of the Office documents?

You may be facing the above issue if you are not the administrator of the user profile you are logging in at. The administrator user account will let you make changes to the system settings, drives, files, folder and many other major system controls
    on the computer.

I suggest you to change the location of the documents you are trying to access on another system drive and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 29, 2022
  4. One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents

Prooblems accessing documents

Hi Jilly,

Generally, the Documents folder found under Quick access is the Documents folder built-in to Windows, and not the Documents folder in OneDrive. Since you mentioned that both This PC and OneDrive are giving you the "Location is not available." message,
    do you mean to say that both Documents folders are missing from Quick access?

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, you are accessing your Documents through This PC, instead of Quick access. Have you tried pinning the Documents folder from This PC to Quick access? If not, we suggest that you do. This way, you won't need to
    go through several folders to reach your files.

Here's how:

• Access the contents of of the user account that you're using, in your case, it's the
      jilly folder from This PC > OS (COne Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents :) >
      Users > jilly.
    • Right-click on Documents, and then select Pin to Quick access.

Regarding the OneDrive folder, we suggest restoring the Documents folder from the OneDrive recycle bin so we can avoid further errors. You may refer to this
    support article for steps on how to restore deleted files and folders
    in OneDrive.

Is your OneDrive synced to your Windows 10 PC? If so, you can try to restore the Documents folder from
    http://onedrive.live.com. Steps on how to restore deleted files and folders can be found in this
    support article under the
    Restore deleted items section.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents

1. One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents - Similar Threads - Drive has destroyed

2. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop: I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from the Microsoft website. I got the laptop to boot with the rescue disk burned to bootable USB. I get the menus for the...
  3. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop: I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from the Microsoft website. I got the laptop to boot with the rescue disk burned to bootable USB. I get the menus for the...
  4. I cannot access my One Drive documents. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my One Drive documents. HELP!: I cannot access my files/documents in OneDrive - Personal in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-my-one-drive-documents-help/53349cf7-126c-40b4-b3c6-af8b331376b3
  5. One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents

One Drive in Windows 11 has destroyed access to crucial documents: A new Dell laptop with Windows 11 arrived in July set up by a reputable technology company from who I bought the laptop. My husband pays for an annual 365 subscription which is for up to 5 computers. He has windows 10. I used to have windows 10. One Drive on Windows 11 seems...
  6. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  7. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  8. One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One Drive destroyed my desktop and files: [ATTACH] I must have accidentally somehow selected to backup my entire computer to one drive and didn't even notice. Well I noticed when I was playing Rocket league and it was running very hot. I went and deselected the backup (after it was complete). I have no idea how...
  9. One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents: Recently, even though I'm logged into One Drive, when I open Word documents saved on One Drive I get a message telling me to "sign in" and saying something about being unable to sync. I've never had this problem before. If I'm signed in, I should be able to access existing...
  10. Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC"

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC": Hi I have recently updated to the creator version My files end up in unintended destinations. When I click in the documents tab in the sidebar of the documents screen, it takes me to a “Documents” folder that appears in “One Drive” group. Any files that I send from my...