Windows 10: One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files

Discus and support One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can't open one drive files in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeborahBristol, Mar 28, 2021.

1. One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files

can't open one drive files in windows 10

:)

DeborahBristol, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Unable to open files on FAT32 Drives (Do not have permission)

Hi Chad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that Windows 10 doesn't support FAT32 formatted drives. I suggest you to take the back up of the files and format the drive in NTFS format. To do so, follow these steps:

• Connect the USB drive to the computer and right click on it.

• Select format and set the file system to
      NTFS(default).

• Select click on Start to format the USB drive.

• Now, transfer the files to the drive and check if you are able to open the files.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 28, 2021
  4. RhinoCan Win User

One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files

Hidden files not behaving properly

Sorry for the delay in responding; I had to deal with some other things along the way!

I ran Step 5 and got this:

One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files [​IMG]

Then I restarted Windows. When I got back into my folder, it looked the same as before and the hidden file was still invisible but this time, when I went into Folder Options, the "don't show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button was selected. I simply clicked the "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button, clicked on Apply and my hidden file finally reappeared!

Thanks for your help with this!!

I'm still curious about why this functionality broke suddenly but I've got lots of other things on my plate so I think I'll get back to them.

Thanks again!

RhinoCan, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files

1. One Drive is not running properly. Can't open files - Similar Threads - Drive running properly

2. Can't access to files on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access to files on One Drive: I have Windows 11 on a new PC. All sudden, all files on One Drive have the "brown box" at the left bottom of the icon. When I tried to open a .PDF or .JPG it came back with an error - file can't be opened due to file corruption or unsupported format. TurboTax can't read old...
  3. Can't access to files on One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access to files on One Drive: I have Windows 11 on a new PC. All sudden, all files on One Drive have the "brown box" at the left bottom of the icon. When I tried to open a .PDF or .JPG it came back with an error - file can't be opened due to file corruption or unsupported format. TurboTax can't read old...
  4. One of the update services is not running properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One of the update services is not running properly: A few weeks ago My system opened but instead of my pin coming up I had to used my password. When I tried to access Signin options it wouldn't work. Have been trying to run windows update but keep getting One of the update services is not running properly. Have tried...
  5. ONE DRIVE NOT SYNCING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONE DRIVE NOT SYNCING PROPERLY: I have One Drive on my laptop and my desktop. My laptop is syncing just fine, but my desktop one drive cloud only shows my laptop files and nothing from my desktop....
  6. can't open Microsoft One Drive

can't open Microsoft One Drive: used to work, but now doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-one-drive/f36977b9-568c-41f5-a8c3-0304c0409c74
  7. one drive files not opening

one drive files not opening: Hi, some of my files on one drive windows 10 is marked with grey color cross sign and does not open. please find below the screeshot in which i have marked with red arrow the files showing a cross sign. please help to retrieve these files. [ATTACH]...
  8. One Drive problem: "Can't open this file. Make sure One Drive is running on your PC......."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive problem: "Can't open this file. Make sure One Drive is running on your PC.......": I received this message AFTER I uninstalled and re-installed One Drive yesterday. Previously, I had also tried these steps recommended by your team: Reset OneDrive (I did this) In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset That didn't...
  9. Opening files in One Drive

Opening files in One Drive: I have installed Malware on my computer and now it will not let me open any of my one drive files it opens in a blank window can someone tell me what has been blocked so I can open these files. Thank you,...
  10. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't run install file ' these files can't be opened': getting error message when trying to run an .exe file these files can't be opened... your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened .. i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )...