Windows 10: One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

Discus and support One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm a writer, and I thought my files were stored locally on my computer. I had the folder synced with One drive as an additional backup. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David M E 111, May 26, 2020.

1. One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

Hello.

I'm a writer, and I thought my files were stored locally on my computer. I had the folder synced with One drive as an additional backup.

I recently ran out of space on OneDrive and decided to disable the sync because the red icons were an eyesore.

I disabled OneDrive. And suddenly all of my files were gone. They weren't in the recycling bin. I re enbabled OneDrive but they weren't there.

I checked the Online OneDrive site and the files I could see were all from at least 5 months ago.

The recent ones are nowhere to be found. There's nothing in the recycling bin online either.

This represents an enormous amount of work and I'm freaking out. Why is the sync from 5 months ago, if disabling it got rid of my more recent files? If they weren't being backed up, why did OneDrive delete them?

Can somebody please help me. I really really need to get this back.

:)

David M E 111, May 26, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 26, 2020
  3. little cat, May 26, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

1. One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files - Similar Threads - Drive Issue Leading

2. One drive causing issues with game files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive causing issues with game files: Anyway, the problem is wrt trying to sync the contents of this PC with onedrive, which I usually have "turned off" from my account. It creates a mess with one of the games I play, where some of the folders are duplicated on the one drive. For some reason, once this happens,...
  3. One drive causing issues with game files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive causing issues with game files: Anyway, the problem is wrt trying to sync the contents of this PC with onedrive, which I usually have "turned off" from my account. It creates a mess with one of the games I play, where some of the folders are duplicated on the one drive. For some reason, once this happens,...
  4. Lost files in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files in one drive: Hi there,I have been using subscribed version of MS office and got 1TB of one drive space. I have backed up lots of files since 2017. If I go tback and look for those files everything is gone, only folder remained with nothing inside. I am pretty stuffed up now as I had faith...
  5. Lost files in one drive

Lost files in one drive: Hi there,I have been using subscribed version of MS office and got 1TB of one drive space. I have backed up lots of files since 2017. If I go tback and look for those files everything is gone, only folder remained with nothing inside. I am pretty stuffed up now as I had faith...
  6. Lost files in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Lost info in One Drive Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost info in One Drive Files: After Syncing my files, when I go into One Drive and open a previous file that I saved the current information is gone. This has happened on several of my files. Anyone know why or how I can restore them?....
  8. Failed Hard drive leads to lost product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Hard drive leads to lost product key: I bought a prebuilt computer many years ago that came with windows 8.1. I have since upgraded many parts and updated to windows 10. I brought my computer to a friends house to get help in swapping out my ram, cpu and my motherboard. In transit, my hard drive died on me. That...
  9. one drive issues sharing filed

in Windows 10 Customization
    one drive issues sharing filed: My employer has shared files in one drive for my to update. I can see the folders on line in one drive, but when I go to save them, they are not accessible....
  10. one drive icon lost from file explorer

one drive icon lost from file explorer: I have upgraded from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro. After the upgrade the one drive logo that use to be displayed using file explorer is no longer visually available. It is not shown in the apps list or the task bar. I have upgraded a total of 3 identical systems. My...