Windows 10: One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section

Discus and support One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In One Drive, I was able to delete an empty shared folder from My Files, but that same folder still appears in the Shared area, and there is no Delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TF_950, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section

In One Drive, I was able to delete an empty shared folder from My Files, but that same folder still appears in the Shared area, and there is no Delete option along the top. FYI, I am trying to make One Drive empty for now. I cannot understand what makes the Delete button appear and disappear along the top. There does not seem to be a simple logic to One Drive, unless I am really missing the obvious. It seems odd to me that One Drive is not in the drop down subject lists for posts. Am I supposed to be on another community page?

:)

TF_950, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Hi All,

I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of
    the screen in an orange coloured banner stating the Folder cannot be deleted.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards, Stephen

StephenGates1, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Duplicate folders Sometimes 3 or 4 duplicates - all empty - in one drive pictures folders

Just on the phone and only in the photos, folders, one drive section.

Shows sometimes one , two, three or even five empty folders. There are no pictures in any of these empty folders in the option to show cloud only contact from one drive is checked

They are just playing empty folders

MarathonJSS, Jul 3, 2020
  4. One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section :(

lyndonguitar, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section

1. One Drive lacks Delete option for empty folder still appearing in Shared section - Similar Threads - Drive lacks Delete

2. Can't delete folder in One-Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folder in One-Drive: Hi,I wanted to delete a folder in One-Drive in the Windows explorer. So I did, but the folder is still "visible".When I check my One-Drive online the folder is gone and also when I check the propaties of the file in the Windows explorer it is 0 Bytes, which means it was...
  3. Can't delete folder in One-Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder in One-Drive: Hi,I wanted to delete a folder in One-Drive in the Windows explorer. So I did, but the folder is still "visible".When I check my One-Drive online the folder is gone and also when I check the propaties of the file in the Windows explorer it is 0 Bytes, which means it was...
  4. Windows Credentials deleted...One drive folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Credentials deleted...One drive folders empty?: I was requested to remove all my Windows Credentials on my personal laptop from my work IT support now my onedrive folders are empty. Is this linked and can it be restored?...
  5. Windows Credentials deleted...One drive folders empty?

Windows Credentials deleted...One drive folders empty?: I was requested to remove all my Windows Credentials on my personal laptop from my work IT support now my onedrive folders are empty. Is this linked and can it be restored?...
  6. One Drive - empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive - empty folders: Background: I have been having issued with my outlook. So IT department says "they have to do a 1909 update and if that doesn't fix it then they will do a reimage." So first, they wanted me to copy all my docs from my computer to OneDrive. Worked great. for about 2 weeks...
  7. One Drive folders empty

One Drive folders empty: Hi , I am in a terrible state as my One Drive folders are there but are empty inside. Please can someone help? Thanks Lynne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folders-empty/edb3e80d-0567-4425-b90b-d86065ad9904
  8. Sharing files or folders in One drive

Sharing files or folders in One drive: How do I share a folder or file with someone else in One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-or-folders-in-one-drive/4e57f3a8-bb14-4d08-8fd2-26b52ea7c335"
  9. Deleted Folders still Appear?

Deleted Folders still Appear?: Hello, When working with files and folders, I often need to cut/copy/paste both files and folders. When I move something it remains where I moved it from. Even if I collapse the folder above the folder/file in question then expand it again it is still there. I have to...
  10. folders appear empty even though data is still on drives

folders appear empty even though data is still on drives: my mother who is running Windows 10 has not turned her computer on and quite some time. However this morning when she turned her PC on any folder she clicked on appears to be empty however the drive indicators in the "this computer" window show that there is data on the drive...