Windows 10: One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

Discus and support One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some problems with how Groove music is sorting my songs atm. You see i tried to store all of my songs onto One Drive after i got it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hikarufire64, Sep 29, 2019.

1. One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

Hi, I'm having some problems with how Groove music is sorting my songs atm.

You see i tried to store all of my songs onto One Drive after i got it up and running on my laptop but once i found out that i didn't have enough space on there to put all 1377 of my songs i decided to take them out and put them in the folder they were originally in, but i had deleted that folder and had to create a new one, after i had all my songs transferred into that new one I added it to Groove Music's folder list and hit play.

But here's where i noticed a problem, despite the fact that Groove music had "Sort by Date" selected it had all my songs sorted by Name, and when i checked my folder i saw that all my songs had a new date next to their original download date, the new date was the same one as the day i tried transferring all my songs into One Drive so Groove ended up treating them all as if they were downloaded on the same day which isn't the case.

I tried making my folder sort them out by date and re-selecting the folder from groove but it still used that new date instead of the songs original date and I tried selecting all my songs from the folder and opening them using groove by they were still organized by their new date instead of their old one.

I really like being able to play and find my songs by the date they were downloaded by with them sorted by name I can't find they easily is there a way to remove the new date added to my songs and make groove sort my songs by using the original date they were downloaded on?

:)

Hikarufire64, Sep 29, 2019
  2. RachelJai Win User

How to organize photos by Date Taken AND Date Modified

Hi.

I have over 2000 photos on a jump drive that I have imported over the past 5 years. I'm trying to organize them by chronological order with "Date Modified" but there was a glitch and about 200 photos all have the same date when they were taken in a span
    of 4 months. I tried organizing them by "Date Taken" but screenshot photos don't have a "Date Taken" timestamp. Is there a way I can organize photos by "Date Taken" AND organize photos by "Date Modified" (if they don't have "Date Taken.")

Any other suggestions or third party programs that converts the "Date Taken" TO "Date Modified"????

Let me know if this isn't clear!

Thanks.

Rachel

RachelJai, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Sep 29, 2019
  4. One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

little cat, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

1. One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized - Similar Threads - Drive messed date

2. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  3. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  4. One drive messed up my quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive messed up my quick access: OneDrive was set up to backup desktop and documents.I'd been taking my music sample library 145gb whichis stored on my second drive, and creating a rar file thenputting the rar on my desktop backup folder which is setto offline only. My second hard drive is what windows...
  5. One drive messed up my quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive messed up my quick access: OneDrive was set up to backup desktop and documents.I'd been taking my music sample library 145gb whichis stored on my second drive, and creating a rar file thenputting the rar on my desktop backup folder which is setto offline only. My second hard drive is what windows...
  6. One drive messed up my quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. One drive messed up all my libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One drive messed up all my libraries: Onedrive somehow messed up all my documents, photos and all other photos when I turned on sync. Any fix? submitted by /u/orangelord234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5s7bz/one_drive_messed_up_all_my_libraries/
  8. One Drive has messed up my system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has messed up my system: One drive has deleted many files from my PC. It has left shortcuts on my desktop but still the files aren't there. Now in my photos folder it insists on showing old photos from a dropbox folder I never even use. It has caused many problems. How do I fix this? Also I...
  9. Help, my time and date is all messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, my time and date is all messed up.: [ATTACH] I started my PC today, and I am greeted to this. This is also happening if I open the file explorer and the date modified is like this as well. https://preview.redd.it/rv2jjn701ch41.png?width=110&format=png&auto=webp&s=1152b5ab9f7ab5e83c458cb9ab8eaf1f384116b5...
  10. driverquery output dates messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driverquery output dates messed up: Not sure when this happened but I believe it was before the Creators Update. The link dates for drivers shown by the driverquery command are no longer correct or useful. For instance, here are the first few lines of output from my 15063.540 Win 10 Pro X64 system. Code:...