Windows 10: One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

Discus and support One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that your next Windows 10 update solves the problem of images not being previewed in One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Contents Design, Sep 7, 2020.

1. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

Hi Microsoft,

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that your next Windows 10 update solves the problem of images not being previewed in One Drive folders. As a creative design agency, this is costing us a lot of time, not being able to preview images in file explorer.

This needs to be sorted out as it's a problem for millions of your users.

Thanks

:)

Contents Design, Sep 7, 2020

2. Can't restore image preview

Hi da2592,

Since unchecking the option Always show icons, never thumbnails did not address the problem with your image preview, there's a possibility that the thumbnail cache database on your Windows 10, which is used to display a preview
    of a file or a folder, is corrupted.

To isolate this problem, I suggest that you look into the Performance Options and make sure to enable the
    Show thumbnail instead of icons option. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security > System.
    3. Click the Advanced System Settings to open the Performance Options dialogue box.
    4. On the Visual Effects tab, check the box Show thumbnails instead of icons.
    5. Click OK to apply changes.

If this doesn't work, then you may need to recreate the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup. Here's how:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. On the left pane, click This PC.
    3. Right click the C: drive (or where Windows 10 is installed) and select
      Properties
    4. Click Disk Cleanup.
    5. Check the Thumbnails option only. Uncheck all the other options, then click
      OK.
    6. Click Delete Files to confirm.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Sep 7, 2020
  4. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

One drive isn't showing file preview thumbnails

So i have had this problem for a while now. all my folders inside my one drive folder don't show the image/file preview thumbnails in the folder thumbnail like they should. if I open the folder I can see all the normal thumbnails. all the files are stored
    locally and i have tried clearing the thumbnail cache but it didn't fix it.

I attached a photo showing what i mean. all the files inside the folders are normal pictures so they should show up.

One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images 196fa44e-f109-4782-acc0-44ac8d0da875?upload=true.png

trevormbell, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

1. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images - Similar Threads - Drive needs show

2. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  3. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  6. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  7. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  8. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  9. photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive

photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive: photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive BUT the same photos on my windows 10 pc do have thumbnails in windows explorer (outside of the one drive folders). How do I get thumbnails back on onedrive ?...
  10. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....