Windows 10: ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it?

Discus and support ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to remove one drive from my computer I regret ever having it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FMSFT, Sep 15, 2018.

1. FMSFT Win User

ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it?

how to remove one drive from my computer I regret ever having it.

:)

FMSFT, Sep 15, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 15, 2018
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Sep 15, 2018
  4. ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it?

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it?

1. ONE DRIVE off my computer I regret ever having it how to get rid of it? - Similar Threads - DRIVE off computer

2. GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!: I have factory reset my Windows 11 PC, after removing all files and folders and storing on a USB. I have reinstalled Windows 11 and Microsoft 365, and Uninstalled OneDrive. I DO NOT WANT any connections to OneDrive. I STILL cannot change the path to document saving. All...
  3. GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GET RID OF ONE DRIVE!: I have factory reset my Windows 11 PC, after removing all files and folders and storing on a USB. I have reinstalled Windows 11 and Microsoft 365, and Uninstalled OneDrive. I DO NOT WANT any connections to OneDrive. I STILL cannot change the path to document saving. All...
  4. How to get rid of One Drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  5. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  6. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to get rid of One Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of One Drive: I don't want One Drive. It takes over everything. I want to get my photos it co-opted, transfer to a program that's easy to operate and get rid of One Drive permanently. I don't see any advantage to it at all, except to cause me to tear my hair out. Same w Win 8 and 10....
  8. How do I get rid of One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of One Drive?: I do not have multiple devices, so I don't need to access files from the cloud. I just bought a new computer and in downloading my backed up files from Carbonite I can't seem to get them to go to the folders on my computer, they keep going to One Drive and then I can't locate...
  9. HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE: ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES, HOW CAN I GET RID OT IT ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-one-drive/41502b63-4ff8-4b4c-92f7-9484389abc0e"
  10. How to get rid of One Drive completely

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of One Drive completely: I would like to get rid of One Drive completely. By logging in locally and not with a Microsoft account, One Drive is not activated. In previous Windows versions you could uninstall One Drive in Programs and Features, but it no longer appears? One Drive is based in the...