Windows 10: One Drive on 2 machines

Discus and support One Drive on 2 machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 W10 (1803) machines and have put several folders and files on One Drive on my Desktop. When I boot my laptop those files do not appear in its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJG10, Jun 23, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

One Drive on 2 machines

I have 2 W10 (1803) machines and have put several folders and files on One Drive on my Desktop. When I boot my laptop those files do not appear in its One Drive. Same MS Account on each machine. I am new to One Drive and thought if I put stuff on OD on one machine it would appear on the second.

What do I have to do to get this to happen?

I share files and folders between the machines with no problem using standard file sharing techniques.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jun 23, 2018
  2. little cat, Jun 24, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    • Boot up Windows 10
    • Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    • Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    • Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Jun 24, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

One Drive on 2 machines

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    • diskpart
    • list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    • select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    • clean
    • exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

One Drive on 2 machines

1. One Drive on 2 machines - Similar Threads - Drive machines

2. Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.: I am trying to restore an entire machine backup downloaded to an external hard drive from iDrive, using a bootable thumb drive that accesses idrive restore software. From there I am supposed to choose the backup file from the external hard drive and then select my laptop's...
  3. Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.: I am trying to restore an entire machine backup downloaded to an external hard drive from iDrive, using a bootable thumb drive that accesses idrive restore software. From there I am supposed to choose the backup file from the external hard drive and then select my laptop's...
  4. Boot drive error results in "machine does not meet Windows 11 requirements" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot drive error results in "machine does not meet Windows 11 requirements" error: Hi all.All was working fine until yesterday, with Windows running smoothly and no errors. However, on Monday the machine would not boot and gave a boot error. I tried to repair Windows, which failed, and then an install. But the install wizard now claims the machine doesn't...
  5. Boot drive error results in "machine does not meet Windows 11 requirements" error

Boot drive error results in "machine does not meet Windows 11 requirements" error: Hi all.All was working fine until yesterday, with Windows running smoothly and no errors. However, on Monday the machine would not boot and gave a boot error. I tried to repair Windows, which failed, and then an install. But the install wizard now claims the machine doesn't...
  6. USB Drive access from Hyper-V machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Drive access from Hyper-V machine: Goal:Give Virtual Machine access to a USB thumb drive.I have a Win10 Pro laptop. I loaded Hyper-V and created Win XP Virtual Machine.Windows XP was installed with no issues on the Virtual Machine.When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the laptop, Win10 finds the drive with no...
  7. USB Drive access from Hyper-V machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drive access from Hyper-V machine: Goal:Give Virtual Machine access to a USB thumb drive.I have a Win10 Pro laptop. I loaded Hyper-V and created Win XP Virtual Machine.Windows XP was installed with no issues on the Virtual Machine.When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the laptop, Win10 finds the drive with no...
  8. USB Drive access from Hyper-V machine

9. How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions...

How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions...: How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions when we set up a class action lawsuit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-quickly-will-one-drive-stop-snooping/e0cd96d4-fae5-4e79-8415-be7f157e94e5
  10. How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions...: How quickly will one drive stop snooping unwarranted in my machine without our permissions when we set up a class action lawsuit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-quickly-will-one-drive-stop-snooping/e0cd96d4-fae5-4e79-8415-be7f157e94e5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using one drive on 2 machines