Windows 10: one drive on two computers: one nothing

Discus and support one drive on two computers: one nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; and now there is a new error: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rboris Win User

one drive on two computers: one nothing

and now there is a new error:

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

rboris, Apr 5, 2018
  2. rboris Win User

I have two computers that are identical hardware builds and both started with the same windows 10 build too.
    one the first computer i was able to get one drive working from file explorer; on the second i was not able to do that. Meaning that on the second computer the one drive directory is empty. Moreover I can't get the one drive icon on the task manager.

Frustrated. Please help. Thank you.

:)

rboris, Apr 11, 2018
  3. adhdluke Win User
    Two computers on one account?

I have a laptop running Windows 10 and activated under my Microsoft account. Could I sign into that account when setting up Windows 10 on another PC, or do I still need a product key for that?

Moved from : Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

adhdluke, Apr 11, 2018
  4. adhdluke Win User

Two computers on one account?

Thank you.

adhdluke, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Are both logged in with the same MS account?

Samuria, Apr 11, 2018
  6. rboris Win User
    yes both are logged in with the same ms account

rboris, Apr 11, 2018
  7. rboris Win User
    found this solution:

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The issue could be due to OneDrive sync engine corruption. I suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists.

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run Window.
    2. In the Run Window enter the following: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    3. Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    4. If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

OneDrive empty folders - Microsoft Community

rboris, Apr 11, 2018
  8. rboris Win User

Status now:

both computers have one drive icons on task manager tray.
    with both computers i can drag files from my physical drive(s) to the directories on one drive.

HOWEVER

when I create or change a file on a physical drive there is not syncing with one drive. have to drag those files to the one drive folder.

Similarly if I create or modify a file on one drive that file does not show up on the corresponding physical directory on either computer.

what am i doing wrong??

Thanks.

rboris, Apr 11, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    If yuo right click on onedrive in the taskbar you set what folders you want to sync checck you have folders included you want to sync

Samuria, Apr 11, 2018
  10. rboris Win User
    yes. and it doesn't work. that is the problem.
    thank you!!

rboris, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

1. one drive on two computers: one nothing - Similar Threads - drive computers nothing

2. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  3. One Drive Across Two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Across Two computers: My wife's laptop and my laptop now show all folders on both computers together. My files and her files are conjoined into one place on file explorer This is not what we want. We want each laptop to have only the files and documents associated with that computer. How do we...
  4. One Drive Across Two computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Across Two computers: My wife's laptop and my laptop now show all folders on both computers together. My files and her files are conjoined into one place on file explorer This is not what we want. We want each laptop to have only the files and documents associated with that computer. How do we...
  5. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  6. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  7. One ISO for two computers

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    One ISO for two computers: Can I use one ISO (Win10 home burned to a DVD) on two identical computers? These are both HP desktops with different license keys .... I only want to do this once for "just in case" a clean install is ever needed on either one. I will use the appropriate key for each desktop...
  8. One Drive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive on two computers: How does One Drive handle two computers on same MS acct? I'm mainly switching to my new computer #2 so would like to transfer files, but want to keep #1 for occasional use. Right now One Drive on computer 2 (the new one) shows the Documents folder from computer 1, with...
  9. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  10. Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd): I can see that this was discussed before but I don't get it. I've tried it for the last 14hours and now it's time to go to bed. I just hope I find a solution when I wake up again :) It's an HP Pavilion 590 p0512ng with a 256MB SSD (M2.0) I've also installed a 1TB Toshiba...