Windows 10: One Drive permission problem

Discus and support One Drive permission problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am sure that this has come up before: I use One Drive as a backup, but I keep getting an error message which tells me that there is "No access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulFryer1, Aug 1, 2021.

1. One Drive permission problem

I am sure that this has come up before: I use One Drive as a backup, but I keep getting an error message which tells me that there is "No access permission to the item" and that I should "Ensure you have the right permission" completely unhelp without telling you how to do it!.I have tried looking in Help, but the solutions do not seem to address my issue.Is there a straightforward way to resolve this problem? I now have 18 sync issues and the list is getting longer!Thanks.

:)

PaulFryer1, Aug 1, 2021

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 1, 2021
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 1, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

One Drive permission problem

Default drive permissions

Hi Jortus

If you need to reset default permissions on that drive, here are the steps:

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

Form the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter

icacls "D:\" /t /q /c /reset

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

One Drive permission problem

1. One Drive permission problem - Similar Threads - Drive permission problem

2. One Drive problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive problem.: I don't use One Drive and don't want to use it.However it is duplicating my 'Pictures, Documents and Desktop links'The normal folders are still complete and act as they always have.It's always been around but seems to have become very active in the last few days.These files...
  3. One Drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive problem: I have used a pc (not the same one) with Windows, now V10, for about 15 years and I know little more than I need to know. I recently bought my first smartphone - iPhone 11 - and have found it easy to download photos from it to Pictures in Documents on my pc. To my surprise I...
  4. one drive and sync permissions -

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one drive and sync permissions -: The issue with one drive and not being sync has become frustrating Ive got 365 version of micro soft premium -and have tried everything There is a red cross appearing telling me i dont have permission...
  5. NAS drive permissions problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NAS drive permissions problem: So I have a Seagate Central NAS connected to my network which I can access from my laptop. I also have an external drive plugged into the back of it for extra storage. When I open up the network drive on my laptop it comes up 2 folders, "Public" is the main folder for the...
  6. Problem with one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with one drive: so I was in the middle of a discord call when my computer updated then when it was done I kept getting a Java error so I fully Uninstalled discord but then it kept telling me that my one drive needed to be logged into so it could sync up but the one drive kept being...
  7. problem with one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with one drive: Hello! I have a problem with one drive. I would like to enable automatic screenshots saving option in settings, but every time I put a tic in settings and accept my choice, one drive automaticaly cancel it. [ATTACH] I'm sorry for the language, I dont use an english...
  8. One-Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One-Drive Problems: So, OneDrive is being especially annoying for me tonight. It was syncing at 0.0kb/s first, then to try and fix it I restarted. Now I'm stuck between it "signing in" and "processing changes", currently on the former. This is incredibly annoying, I've tried resetting it once...
  9. one drive problem

in Windows 10 Support
    one drive problem: since updating to 10159 and then 10162 every time I click on photo in menu it starts up for about 5 seconds and then shuts down with no error message 7810
  10. One Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Problem: I am a new one driver user and would like to start using it exclusively when I travel. I understand some of the symbols such as the green check mark and the sign that signifies a file is loading. My problem is some of my files have a RED X. Those files are not on my other...