Windows 10: One Drive quota vs PC storage

Discus and support One Drive quota vs PC storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do my OneDrive storage count into my my PC storage limit? I only have 128 GB of storage on my PC so I tried saving my files onto onDrive as I have I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ivy_2018, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Ivy_2018 Win User

One Drive quota vs PC storage

Do my OneDrive storage count into my my PC storage limit?

I only have 128 GB of storage on my PC so I tried saving my files onto onDrive as I have I TB of storage. But when I look up my storage it seems to count whatever I have on onedrive. Why is this?

:)

Ivy_2018, Dec 18, 2018

2. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

My network harddrive is a MyBookLive, 2TB, with 996GB free, NTFS. I believe this drive does NOT support quota limits.

In Win10 File Explorer, the Properties|Quota tab for any shares mapped on the MyBookLive state "This drive supports space limits for each user, so a single user cannot fill the entire disk. Click this button to view or change these limits" . But if I click
    on the "View Quota Settings" button, it opens an additional Quota Settings dialog box that contains the same statement and the same button, with no other displayed information. This continues each time you click on the button.

Other external drives (USB connected) all open a legitimate dialog box for "Quotas", which correctly show that "Quotas are disabled", along with other information.

I believe this issue may be preventing me from copying large files to the network drive, because I get errors saying there is not enough space available, but the same error message shows adequate free space.

Can you help me correct this issue?

Thanks.

Bruce Kaiser

BruceKaiser, Dec 18, 2018
  4. One Drive quota vs PC storage

Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

Thanks for the reply. But you are answering a different question.

I have disconnected and remapped my network drive with no change to behavior.

I am getting the error that Windows says that this network drive supports Quotas, but the manufacturer says it does not.

I am also getting the error that Windows displays a blank screen under the Quota tab instead of legitimate Quota dialog box.

Is this expected behavior?

If not, how can I correct this behavior?

Thanks.

Bruce Kaiser

BruceKaiser, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

One Drive quota vs PC storage

1. One Drive quota vs PC storage - Similar Threads - Drive quota storage

2. Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?: I'm seeing this message on a lot of my Word documents. Apparently it happens for files that are stored in a folder that is rooted in OneDrive, which makes the file shareable between my PC and my Microsoft Surface Book. In fact, there are very few Word file that I need to...
  3. Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?: I'm seeing this message on a lot of my Word documents. Apparently it happens for files that are stored in a folder that is rooted in OneDrive, which makes the file shareable between my PC and my Microsoft Surface Book. In fact, there are very few Word file that I need to...
  4. One Drive vs Google Drive (paid versions for 100 GB cloud storage))

One Drive vs Google Drive (paid versions for 100 GB cloud storage)): Hi there Seems to me that GOOGLE DRIVE is a much better bet than One Drive if you need more than the basic Free allowanace (5GB --not big enough for even a simple Macrium backup of a small Windows VM - 14 GB needed in my case). Ms One Drive offers 100GB for a monthly payment...
  5. One Drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive storage: OneDrive says it can't do .pst files. Okay, just skip it and do the rest. But that does not seem to be the way it works.How can I get it to skip the .pst files and continue. I can move the files but then Outlook stops working won't load I don't see anywhere to tell Outlook...
  6. One drive storage

One drive storage: i have 1TB of one drive storage . i have used 3GB only . one drive says i am 14.6 GB over the limit .i have freed up space and nothing has changed what option other than buying more space do i have?...
  7. Cannot change storage quota

Cannot change storage quota: I have an issue with changing storage quota. One of our users changed license from Office 365 F1 to Office 365 E3.Then the storage quota got stuck at 2gb. In nutshell, the license was changed but OneDrive storage quota is stuck...
  8. One Drive storage

One Drive storage: Have windows 10. Can I buy more One Drive space without going to Windows 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/3afc2242-260a-4130-a338-2cb6a0f775e6"
  9. one drive storage

one drive storage: My name is Wei Jia Su. I am trying to delete a folder within a folder, but cannot. can you help me? email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/498dd536-ccf2-44ab-b1a9-2d84a4301de5"
  10. One Drive This PC Only vs OneDrive

One Drive This PC Only vs OneDrive: When configuring OneDrive, what is the difference in results in saving Documents and Pictures to This PC Only or OneDrive? The Folders selected to sync with OneDrive will be uploaded and accessible on my 2in1 if This PC Only is selected. What is different between these...