Windows 10: One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

Discus and support One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuhanaIkäheimo, Apr 29, 2022.

1. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like Fallout4-computer name.ini Well, this is not okay. These ini-files are in OneDrive - Personal/Documents/My Games-folder, where steam puts them.How to keep My Documents syncing, and still keep my game preference files named as they should be?I know people have same kind problems with different games, but I haven't found answer yet.

:)

JuhanaIkäheimo, Apr 29, 2022

2. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Windows Defender and .ini files

We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus.

When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs (ex AVG, Avast). If we exclude the .ini file from Windows Defender - it also is
    OK. BUT if this .ini file is included in the antivirus to be checked a certain part of this file (We have narrowed down the section) can take 4 times longer to save to the .ini with Windows Defender only.

What could be the cause of this? What kind of .ini action would cause this? No other antivirus causes this to happen.

Any suggestions - other than excluding this file from Windows Defender?

Shimon

shimon fessel, Apr 29, 2022
  4. nuva Win User

One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini... :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

Thema:

One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

1. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini... - Similar Threads - drive renaming game

2. Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery: Hi,I have a directory on Windows 7 Professional which contains files for a program that I am running. .INI files were accidentally deleted which corrupted the program and undid saved settings for projects within the program. I do not have a restore point and was wondering if...
  3. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...: Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like Fallout4-computer name.ini Well, this is not okay. These ini-files are in OneDrive - Personal/Documents/My Games-folder, where steam puts...
  4. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...: Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like Fallout4-computer name.ini Well, this is not okay. These ini-files are in OneDrive - Personal/Documents/My Games-folder, where steam puts...
  5. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  6. Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file: I have O&O Registry Editor. It uses an ini file, to remember the last opened registry key. I would like to have a script that would copy the contents of the clipboard to the line called: LastAddress= I've researched modifying ini files, but don't know the way to copy &...
  7. Realtek audio driver setup INI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio driver setup INI: Hi, I have Lenovo C730, it has Realtek audio with Dolby Atmos. Lenovo currently provides 8622 driver version for audio. As a matter of interest, I looked up driver installation folder and found file called "setup.ini". It has many general settings variables. But I can't find...
  8. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  9. Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.: I am trying to edit the Ini files for Ark survival evolved. I am trying to make the in game non-dedicated server player distance larger as it is currently prohibitively small . Unfortunately I don't have permissions to edit these files. (I am admin) and it is causing me...
  10. what is a .ini icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35